Derby County vs Brentford

Carl Sagan

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Stop making excuses. The only person to blame for another anonymous Bryson performance was himself. 

Look your knowledge of football is low I understand that but Bryso is no holding midfielder , go and look up what that means and then get back to me you tube , yip he had a poor game but totally outnumbered in there and only man to blame is mclaren 

Look your knowledge of football is low I understand that but Bryso is no holding midfielder , go and look up what that means and then get back to me you tube , yip he had a poor game but totally outnumbered in there and only man to blame is mclaren 

​I can't even. Bryson could have scored five own goals today and it would still have been someone else's fault. 

We basically played 4-2-4 in the first half and the two in midfield had no presence at all. Whenever we lost the ball (and that was often), we looked like conceding. There was 50 yards of space to run into.

The passing was awful and Martin didn't have anyone to play football with. Worst of all, our workrate was poor and we were second to the ball. We really look like a shot team. I think we need Ward in the team for his work ethic and Dawkins for his passing. Ince has his head down and Russell is anonymous. We need Martin upfront and Bent as an impact sub. Let's get back to a proper 4-3-3. 

Agree that Albentosa looks like a Division 2 player, more pie and mash than paella.

It's so frustrating to watch. They all have it in them to play marvellous football. They just look like they have play-off trauma.

​Dawkins was our best player when he came on. He retained the ball. Stuck to him like glue, and passed the ball on. The fact Dawkins gets such a bad rep makes me wonder if football fans actually know anything about the game they are fanatical about. 

I think the fact that every club he's been at, including in the MLS, he's ended up in the reserves tells you everything tbf..

I think the fact that every club he's been at, including in the MLS, he's ended up in the reserves tells you everything tbf..

Chris Martin was last a regular goal scorer in league one before us

bucko came from a free from a non league side

keogh came from just relegated Coventry

commons joined from league 1 forest 

rob earnshaw was bought as our most expensive ever player 

Robbie savage came through the ranks of Manchester United 

a players background before us means **** all

Dawkins did his job retained the ball,passed to a player in a white shirt and even won a few tackles and I think played himself into a start on Tuesday.

If Russell was ill as was said and has not recovered then that place is up for grabs as are a few others.We need someone to control the midfield and without Hughes with either Thorne or Eustace we have nobody unless there is a U21 to step up.I have seen them a couple of times and the German Koblenz and Bunjaku impressed me but it would be a gamble.

That was a  woeful performance that on another day would have been a cricket score for Brentford. They played liked we did last season with such great movement, tempo and just general superb play. Warburton has them playing some terrific training ground moves all over the field it was a delight to watch and they deserved to win hands down.

As for ourselves we offered nothing evidently missing the likes of Hughes, Thorne, Buxton and the long gone Ibe. Bent got us out of a hole today but the team looks totally bereft of confidence. Hopefully we can get some belief back in the final 4 games starting with a convincing win against Blackpool on Tuesday.

As for SMs fomation, line-up and sub decisions today dont get my started. Very wrong.

Horribly shocking performance.  Spent well over £150 bringing my daughter, who is ill, but still wanted to come.

If only one of the white shirts had showed half that level of commitment.

But leaving that aside, I am grateful to Steve Mc for turning us from perennial relegation candidates into realistic promotion challengers.  He has been terrific for us - but I wonder if he has taken this club as far as he can.  I'm not necessarily looking for someone to shout and scream for 90 minutes from the touchline, but I couldn't help be impressed with Mark Warburton, who spent the entire game encouraging, directing and motivating the Brentford players.

I've also seen Eddie Howe do the same.  Being up in the stands is fine if we are winning, but when we've suffered the run we've had, players so obviously lacking confidence, surely the management team need to be visible, "be there"  with the team, win or lose together.

​We always look more likely to create with Dawkins on the pitch. It's excellent how he slows it down, because without him today every single player got the ball and tried to lump it forward to Bent and Martin marked by 6 players.

Ince is a great individual player for example, and he scores many more goals and creates more chances. But today Dawkins was what we needed. Ince is too much of an individual, and loses the ball at times when we need someone with the intelligence to just slow it down and keep that white round thing which we used to treat so preciously.

Dawkins allows other players to do what they're good at - he creates their space, and everyone around him plays better. From what I've seen so far, our whole team seems to suffer from Tom Ince's obvious obsession with goals and assists.

It's the "Ballon D'Or"-syndrome that Wenger and Mourinho have taken a pop at. 

​Couldn't disagree with you more. 

We were one down and had been outplayed for half an hour. Our only route to success looked like being the quick ball in behind Brentford, who played a high line, to Bent, who was taking up some great positions on the shoulder of the CH, or to bring on someone who like Ince was prepared to run into the space vacated by their attacking full backs, thus drag the centre halfs out and help create space in the middle. 

What we got was a player who needs five touches of the ball before deciding what to do with it, normally involves going backwards (although granted, he does usually play to the same shirt), thus allowing Brentford to reshape and re-organise.

Dawkins was the exact opposite to what we needed at the time. 

That's no singling him out by the way, he wasn't the worst performer, just a counter to your point.

​We always look more likely to create with Dawkins on the pitch. It's excellent how he slows it down, because without him today every single player got the ball and tried to lump it forward to Bent and Martin marked by 6 players.

Ince is a great individual player for example, and he scores many more goals and creates more chances. But today Dawkins was what we needed. Ince is too much of an individual, and loses the ball at times when we need someone with the intelligence to just slow it down and keep that white round thing which we used to treat so preciously.

Dawkins allows other players to do what they're good at - he creates their space, and everyone around him plays better. From what I've seen so far, our whole team seems to suffer from Tom Ince's obvious obsession with goals and assists.

It's the "Ballon D'Or"-syndrome that Wenger and Mourinho have taken a pop at. 

​Couldn't disagree with you more. 

We were one down and had been outplayed for half an hour. Our only route to success looked like being the quick ball in behind Brentford, who played a high line, to Bent, who was taking up some great positions on the shoulder of the CH, or to bring on someone who like Ince was prepared to run into the space vacated by their attacking full backs, thus drag the centre halfs out and help create space in the middle. 

What we got was a player who needs five touches of the ball before deciding what to do with it, normally involves going backwards (although granted, he does usually play to the same shirt), thus allowing Brentford to reshape and re-organise.

Dawkins was the exact opposite to what we needed at the time. 

That's no singling him out by the way, he wasn't the worst performer, just a counter to your point.

What do you say after that?

Bent got us out of gaol and kept our hopes on life support.

missing players is one thing, but that gives an opportunity to others which they didn't take.

at least its blackpool next.....should suit our donkeys.

i was embarrassed to think what charlie george made of it.

The wheels have come off since the following things happened:

*The stories around Steve Mac to Newcastle started

*Steve Round arrived as a "consultant" coach

*Bent, Ince and Lingard arrived on loan.

*Martin and Bent got injured.

Seeing as Bent, Ince and Lingard have made a very positive contribution it ain't that. 

The injuries haven't helped for sure.

The first two....

The wheels have come off since the following things happened:

*The stories around Steve Mac to Newcastle started

*Steve Round arrived as a "consultant" coach

*Bent, Ince and Lingard arrived on loan.

*Martin and Bent got injured.

Seeing as Bent, Ince and Lingard have made a very positive contribution it ain't that. 

The injuries haven't helped for sure.

The first two....

....and the daffodils have come out.

that might be it?

Archived