When is Martin actually due back?

RobboRam

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What cup game was it this season where Best started and Martin came on after about 70 minutes?

There was some decent play before hand, and we looked mostly in control, but nothing really 'clicked'.

When Martin came on, everything fit together and we tore them apart. Feels like the last few weeks - we've looked like a decent enough side, but Martin just ties everything together. We may as well rename this thread "Will we get promoted?", he is so vital to our team and we don't stand much of a chance without him.

What cup game was it this season where Best started and Martin came on after about 70 minutes?

There was some decent play before hand, and we looked mostly in control, but nothing really 'clicked'.

When Martin came on, everything fit together and we tore them apart. Feels like the last few weeks - we've looked like a decent enough side, but Martin just ties everything together. We may as well rename this thread "Will we get promoted?", he is so vital to our team and we don't stand much of a chance without him.

-----------Bent----------

-Lingard--Ince--Russell-

Even though we didn't break through against Wolves, I still think this is an extremely strong attacking line-up. Personally, I'd go with Dawkins in the left, who might be valuable in sustaining attacks/possession, particularly against a team as good as Watford at counter-attacking.

While Martin is clearly the 'MVP', I'd rather have him back fully fit than rush him back. That line-up is good enough to win a few games, and sort of 'get away with it' until Martin's back.

​I wouldn't have Dawkins anywhere near my first eleven. He is an average player at this level at best and drifts in and out of games.

I would have Bryson back playing in his favoured position (which he hasn't played in at all this season) of an advanced box-to-box midfielder.

At times this season, we have been a little over elaborate on the ball as players are starting off from too deep a position and the ball is taking too long to get from back to front.

Archived