Table (order of preference in brackets): 

Bournemouth  (6)

Watford (3)

Boro (7) 

Norwich (5)

Brentford (4)

Wolves (1)

Ipswich (2)

Clearly two of these will go straight up, but it's a useful exercise to discuss who would be more preferential as a playoff opponent. I would fancy us to beat Watford not simply because we beat them; but because I don't think they would know whether to come at us or pick us off. This halfway house could play into our hands, and allow us to play an attacking game. Wolves and Ipswich clear favourites, as they lack quality across the pitch and with a full squad I would be confident of beating them over two legs. Boro - just no. Too strong at the back and we love an error or a gift. Norwich and Brentford is hard to call, but I think the quality in the Norwich squad would give them the edge for me. I don't fancy our defence coming up against the Bournemouth attack over 180 mins, so I'd rather not go near them either. If playoffs are our destiny, I will be supporting Bournemouth and Boro to nab autos, from that point on. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would include Forest in there too. They're the divisions form team alongside Bournemouth and cannot be discounted.

In terms of who I'd prefer for Derby to face; I don't really care. All of the sides with the possible exception of Bournemouth who look a class above, are very average and all are likely to come straight back down again after a horribly frustrating and far from enjoyable season in the top flight.

I'd be happy to take on any of the current top 8, except Boro who I wouldn't want us anywhere near.

If you look at the top 8, Boro are the only team there to have beaten us on aggregate so far.

If we're including Forest, then I'd want them less than Boro. My nerves couldn't stand that.

I'd agree you can't quite rule out Forest just yet, especially if they were to win today they would be a real threat to the top 6. If we have our strongest 11 and we are back in some kind of form I would take Wolves as well but I think although we lost twice to Boro with Martin back and more confidence we could definitely beat them. I think Wolves will finish 6th if they do get in the play offs and I don't think we will be finishing 3rd. We will probably face either Norwich or Boro. 

Brentford in the final please, I'd happily take Wolves again. 

Norwich would be tough as would Ipswich.

Bournemouth and Boro to go up automatics, wouldn't fancy playing either over 2 legs or a final

I would include Forest in there too. They're the divisions form team alongside Bournemouth and cannot be discounted.

In terms of who I'd prefer for Derby to face; I don't really care. All of the sides with the possible exception of Bournemouth who look a class above, are very average and all are likely to come straight back down again after a horribly frustrating and far from enjoyable season in the top flight.

if we were to play bournemouth, then its anyones guess who could win, only players id be really worried about is wilson, whereas norwich have the ability to completely control the game against us

definitely want to avoid borough, and ipswich, although we beat them, were not great against hoof sides

watford could be good if our defence got in sorts by then

id fancy brentford with a fully fit side, and would think we could give wolves a a brighton-esque perfomance with a full fit side

should we make the play offs ...cant see us faceing Muff or Norwich ..  yes fixtures can be misleading ..but looking at both there remaining fixtures ..i see these as top 2  ..

playoffs  Boro

Watford

Derby

Ipswich

unless the top four have a dramatic up turn in results ...  1  can but hope

Archived