Derby County v Watford

PrivateDerby

Obviously woeful defending for the first goal. Poor for their second, but it was a quality pass and finish. But when we concede 2 goals every game, we can't expect wins.

Given one penalty, a debatable red but Watson was very lucky to stay on the field. Probably should have had three more penalties for the blatant handball, the arms all over Ince and the push on Keogh. And it's plain madness that this ref played far less added time than the one against Birmingham, despite all the stoppages and bookings.

Bent miscontrolled Keogh's great through ball and had two other attempts against the keeper's legs. Johnny Russell was so nearly through time and again. Lingard dallied when with a first-time shot he'd surely have scored. Other close attempts. Good shot by Will, but when he see his England U21 scorcher, we need that in a match. A great effort, and heads didn't drop despite Thorne going off early or the goals going in at the wrong end. But the goals keep going in at the wrong end and that looks to have cost us at least the autos.

Need to bemore ruthless up front and in defence. Probably a lot of teams say that though. I am so very fed up.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen a variety of players blamed for their goals, but in truth the whole team looked devoid of confidence and we always looked like conceding. They were better in possession of the ball tonight and in an 11 v 11 game we would have lost..

Christie should not feature again. Bryson is a shadow of his former self and once again Hughes, in a big game, failed to impose himself. I am a big fan of Johnny Russell but since he came back from injury he too often runs into trouble.

I thought Keogh the player did well but Keogh the captain needs to take command. Our defensive shape was awful. 

However, we have the attacking capability to win all of our remaining games. It's now just a question of getting the defensive shape right.

Poor Thorne - he looked abject when he went off. I hope they get him right but it looked to me like he knew his season was over.

I will say it again mclaren has blown this , we are into April he hasn't a clue who his best full backs are , he hasn't a clue who to partner Keogh , and he moans we lose 2 goals a game , who's fault is that ? I believe his and the fact he's never denied he's off in the summer has had a knock on effect 

Disappointing. Yet more unforced errors at the back gifting the opposition goals and a tendency to go negative on the rare occasions lately when he hit the front. All of a sudden players automatically turning away from the Watford goal and back to their own when under no real pressure against 10 men, then about half the team stood back there faffing around  until the ball is lost and suddenly someones right through on goal to equalise!

Keogh was the best Derby player tonight. Which IMO says a lot. 

We have been very very poor for a very long time, and lets be honest, if you can't turn up in a must win game, in front of a full house, live on sky, against 10 men... then you really deserve everything you get. 

To a man we were dreadful, and blind loyalty aside, without that red card, we would have gone down 3 or 4 nil IMO. 

Can't see us getting anything at Wigan, and with our defence up against a free scoring Brentford, I can't see us getting much there either. 

A finish out of the playoffs would have been unthinkable a few weeks ago, and now it is looking more like a certainty. 

Can't see Newcastle having Macca if that happens, but then I can't see us having him either. 

Watford fan here.

You started fantastically but after Gomes' great save from Bent we were on top and deserved our goal. Motta's tackle was poor and a definite penalty but the red was harsh as your player wasn't going to get the ball due to his awful touch. Got a bit of luck with the bounce for your second goal too, but we had the same luck for our first. Our second was just a great pass.

Even with 10 men I thought it was an even match and with 11 men and Vydra not going off injured I think we would have coped quite easily.

Think you have too many passengers in your team. Grant was solid and Hughes, Ince and Keogh all looked decent but the rest of the team aren't top quality championship players (on tonight's showing anyway). Forsyth was crap when he was with us and looked poor tonight but not as bad as Christie. Bent took his penalty well but didn't offer much else for your team, maybe if Martin was fully fit he would have caused us more problems. I'm a Northern Ireland supporter and Ward played well for us on Sunday, does he not usually play for you? Can't be worse than Russell or Lingard. You seem to be struggling with injuries, but I think all fans in this league thinks their team gets it a lot worse than others. We also have plenty of injuries: Abdi (our best player), Forestieri, Ekstrand is out until 2016, now Vydra and Paredes wasn't back from international duty. All part of the game just.

All in all a draw felt like a victory for us. I've always quite liked Derby and prefer you to the teams like Norwich, Bournemouth, Ipswich, etc so I hope you do make the playoffs and as long as we aren't in it I wish you every success.

Keogh was the best Derby player tonight. Which IMO says a lot. 

We have been very very poor for a very long time, and lets be honest, if you can't turn up in a must win game, in front of a full house, live on sky, against 10 men... then you really deserve everything you get. 

To a man we were dreadful, and blind loyalty aside, without that red card, we would have gone down 3 or 4 nil IMO. 

Can't see us getting anything at Wigan, and with our defence up against a free scoring Brentford, I can't see us getting much there either. 

A finish out of the playoffs would have been unthinkable a few weeks ago, and now it is looking more like a certainty. 

Can't see Newcastle having Macca if that happens, but then I can't see us having him either. 

I think the chance off autos is now over but I won't give up hope and support them all the way. Some proper goons on twitter taking our decent form too far, does my head In. Support the lads to the end ffs

Archived