Our run-in

mcsilks

I am not usually one for being optimistic but if you look at our run-in, I can honestly see us having a very real chance of winning all seven and getting back into the top two.

Watford, Brentford, Blackpool and Reading at home, Wigan, Huddersfield and Millwall away.

After a break, we'll have something close to our best 11 available and a win against Watford is vital.

We have been on a disastrous run but the green shoots of recovery were most certainly in evidence against Wolves and I see no reason why we can't do this. Momentum is key.

We are still the best side in this league when all our players are fit and more importantly, playing to their potential. Historically, Derby never do things the easy way and this season may just have a few surprises left in store.

The race for automatics is far from over.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See I'm usually optimistic but I can't see it. Not with a likely 8pts gap with 7 to play. 

But im ok with it. Gutted but it's been another fun season being able to compete, see us score goals and win away. 

We've had a bit too much bad luck to go with the expected slip ups that all teams get. 

Grant, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Russell and Martin haven't played one game together until at least April. In a bad run you sometimes need a bit of luck but we haven't had any luck. We've had MORE injuries. 

It's killed us. 

All people saying "we'll be lucky to make the play offs though"... We won't.  We'll earn it. And none of them seem to want to bet so I think they know we have the quality and just want to whinge and feel sorry for themselves. 

But automatics died for me this week. It was a huge week. We just needed to hang on to the tails of the top 2 and 7 or even 5 pts would have been enough. Not 1 pts though. It means what? 4 wins and a draw for Boro and Watford will see them finish above us? Is that right?

For me the automatics was also over last night, I just don't see the clubs above dropping that many points to allow us back in. I have no doubts we can go on to win the next 7 and secure a play off spot.

I'm not sure why some are so quick to say season over, frustration, knee jerk reactions maybe,  promotion is still a very achievable target and I'm putting money a side for my half and half Derby v Man Utd scarf next season :ph34r:

I like this thread.

I can't see the automatics now the points gap is larger than the number of games left, but I don't see why we shouldn't go on a good run with players back after the break, especially if we played like last night (minus the horrible mistakes).

Go on a good run, secure a play off position and then hope there's one final twist in the season which goes our way.

The top teams all have difficult games today as well :ph34r:

The top sides are only averaging 1.89 points per game which would mean that 85 points will likely win the thing and 84 would likely take second spot.

If we win 6 out of our last 7, the current points tally suggests that would be good enough for a top 2 spot.

Watford I can see drawing with Ipswich today

the same with Bournemouth and Boro.

Norwich face a Forest team on fire.

I reckon we will be no more than 6 points from second.

Good Friday

Ipswich v bournemouth and us v Watford and Boro against a fighting Wigan team.

good chance we could make up ground on teams above if we beat Watford.

Easter monday

Watford v Boro - guaranteed one of the teams above drop points if not both.

Todays results and the Easter period will be jey

Can't see it. 2 points from 18 but overnight we'll become a team that can win 7 on the bounce? 

Defensively woeful and now seemingly unable to bail them out at the other end. 

The fear factor has gone too. Everyone now thinks they can come and give us a hiding. Watford, Wigan, Brentford will all beat us I fear. 

It will take Martin and Thorne at least a couple of games to get back to where they were before their injuries. To be honest I will be suprised if we make the playoffs. Having to rely on other results so we can make it is just not on and shows we are not ready for promotion.

No idea why people are so despondent.

Do you think Forest fans have given up on a late surge into the play offs? Have Norwich sacked off autos?

It is a tall ask. But IF we have a fully fit squad to pick from, we could for the first time this season be able to play our strongest 11!!

The thing about our current form is that we haven't played badly overall. Combine bad luck with individual errors getting punished and injuries to key players. Do you think our team confidence is shot? I certainly do not. A team bereft of confidence would have crumbled at 1-0 down last night but we didn't. Our coaches show no sign of giving up, nor do our players, so why should we as fans?

Before last night i was concerned we wouldnt make the play-offs, but the performance we put in was very encouraging and if we play like that for the rest of the season we should comfortably make the play offs.

Can't see it. 2 points from 18 but overnight we'll become a team that can win 7 on the bounce? 

Defensively woeful and now seemingly unable to bail them out at the other end. 

The fear factor has gone too. Everyone now thinks they can come and give us a hiding. Watford, Wigan, Brentford will all beat us I fear. 

​I think the fear factor is what has held us back to a degree this season. Teams have set out for a draw, stop us playing etc.

It may be that if teams set out against is with a more attacking mindset we will see more performances and results similar to the end of last season

See I'm usually optimistic but I can't see it. Not with a likely 8pts gap with 7 to play. 

But im ok with it. Gutted but it's been another fun season being able to compete, see us score goals and win away. 

We've had a bit too much bad luck to go with the expected slip ups that all teams get. 

Grant, Forsyth, Thorne, Hughes, Russell and Martin haven't played one game together until at least April. In a bad run you sometimes need a bit of luck but we haven't had any luck. We've had MORE injuries. 

It's killed us. 

All people saying "we'll be lucky to make the play offs though"... We won't.  We'll earn it. And none of them seem to want to bet so I think they know we have the quality and just want to whinge and feel sorry for themselves. 

But automatics died for me this week. It was a huge week. We just needed to hang on to the tails of the top 2 and 7 or even 5 pts would have been enough. Not 1 pts though. It means what? 4 wins and a draw for Boro and Watford will see them finish above us? Is that right?

Archived