Caption Chaos

Have to say it's getting slightly boring now, every time we lose a game it's Keoghs fault, I'm not his biggest fan but how we can credit him with all the blame is beyond me. In the last 2 games we've seen big mistakes that have directly lead to a goal, Christies "clearance" that travelled 5 yards onto tomlins chest, forsyth giving the ball away 25 yards from his own goal and lee grant punching the ball into his own net under no pressure what so ever yet we get a thread about an error that nearly lead to a goal? Bore off, it's pathetic!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Who is crediting him with all the blame? I am asking people to look back at the goals. There was a catalogue of mistakes that lead to them both. The first one he should stay on his feet and block the shot. The second, he let's his man get goal side as the ball is in the air and is just lying on the floor when Grant goes to punch. Forsyth had the same impact. He gave the ball away with an awful pass for the first and for the second his clearance was awful. The thing is, Forsyth is more consistent and we can drop him. SM will not drop his captain.  

So you're saying Keogh has to shoulder some of the blame for the second goal? Honestly I'm dumbfounded by some Derby fans, so Forsyth kickes the ball into the air, Grant makes himself some room, you can actually see him push people out of the way to give himself a yard of space, then all all he has to do is catch a dropping ball under no real pressure I don't even know why he goes to punch it yet Keogh is at fault?! I'm done, honestly I give in. I agree with you its all his fault. 

Ive got a hangover this morning, bloody Keogh!!

So you're saying Keogh has to shoulder some of the blame for the second goal? Honestly I'm dumbfounded by some Derby fans, so Forsyth kickes the ball into the air, Grant makes himself some room, you can actually see him push people out of the way to give himself a yard of space, then all all he has to do is catch a dropping ball under no real pressure I don't even know why he goes to punch it yet Keogh is at fault?! I'm done, honestly I give in. I agree with you its all his fault. 

Ive got a hangover this morning, bloody Keogh!!

Have a look at Robbie Savages twitter, less than impressed with Keogh . . . we're not theone who thinks he's a liability it seems. 

Although i must admit barring that pathetic dive to the floor thing he did for their second goal where all he had to do was stand up and head the ball,  i thought overall he played well 

I don't put the second goal down to Forsyth at all, the keeper should've dealt with it. There's no excuse. I don't even think the attempted clearance would've gone in had it been an empty goal, it's Grant's punch that puts the ball on target!  

Let's get serious. When that second goal went in, Keogh was on the floor. When that 1st goal went in, Keogh was on the floor. Against Boro he let Bamford through. Against Norwich he let the ball go across himself then just put his arm up for offside. Against Brum the second goal he is on the floor. Against Brighton the second goal, he does not block the shot. The first goal, Keogh is on the floor. Against Fulham for the first goal he does an impression of an eagle instead of blocking the shot. 

If people want to argue with me, first go watch every goal I just listed back: https://www.youtube.com/user/DCTV1884/videos

Let's get serious. When that second goal went in, Keogh was on the floor. When that 1st goal went in, Keogh was on the floor. Against Boro he let Bamford through. Against Norwich he let the ball go across himself then just put his arm up for offside. Against Brum the second goal he is on the floor. Against Brighton the second goal, he does not block the shot. The first goal, Keogh is on the floor. Against Fulham for the first goal he does an impression of an eagle instead of blocking the shot. 

If people want to argue with me, first go watch every goal I just listed back: https://www.youtube.com/user/DCTV1884/videos

​You are away with the fairies. I'm not commenting on anything other than the Wolves game, and it says something about the strength of you're argument that you've resorting to citing examples from previous games since the evidence from the Wolves game doesn't support anything you say in the slightest.

Keogh will probably feel he should've been stronger when he tries to keep the Wolves player away from the 'keeper, but the second goal is Grant's fault and Grant's alone. A high and hanging ball like that is bread and butter for goalkeepers. It is absolutely baffling that you would try and suggest otherwise. The only way you're argument would make any sense is if the game was played in the 1920's when a forward could literally barge the 'keeper into the back of the net.

I suggest you watch the first goal again. Keogh does everything right. He's left 1 on 1 with the forward and stands up, shepherding the forward to a wider angle to make the shot more difficult. He buys time which allows Christie to get back and cover. When the Wolves player pulls the trigger, only then does Keogh dive to try and get a block in. The only reason Grant is beaten from that angle is an unlucky deflection off the inside of Christie's leg.

What winds me up most about this thread is that there's plenty to criticize Keogh for this season without resorting to literally making things up or listening to Robbie Savage.

​You are away with the fairies. I'm not commenting on anything other than the Wolves game, and it says something about the strength of you're argument that you've resorting to citing examples from previous games since the evidence from the Wolves game doesn't support anything you say in the slightest.

Keogh will probably feel he should've been stronger when he tries to keep the Wolves player away from the 'keeper, but the second goal is Grant's fault and Grant's alone. A high and hanging ball like that is bread and butter for goalkeepers. It is absolutely baffling that you would try and suggest otherwise. The only way you're argument would make any sense is if the game was played in the 1920's when a forward could literally barge the 'keeper into the back of the net.

I suggest you watch the first goal again. Keogh does everything right. He's left 1 on 1 with the forward and stands up, shepherding the forward to a wider angle to make the shot more difficult. He buys time which allows Christie to get back and cover. When the Wolves player pulls the trigger, only then does Keogh dive to try and get a block in. The only reason Grant is beaten from that angle is an unlucky deflection off the inside of Christie's leg.

What winds me up most about this thread is that there's plenty to criticize Keogh for this season without resorting to literally making things up or listening to Robbie Savage.

​Ace. You want to analyse the goals and mistakes without analyzing them. I suggest you watch the match highlights of the last half a dozen games. What winds me up is people who don't/won't criticize a player and turn into an asshole when someone else does. My first comment was actually praising Keogh for his performance in the last few games. 

​Ace. You want to analyse the goals and mistakes without analyzing them. I suggest you watch the match highlights of the last half a dozen games. What winds me up is people who don't/won't criticize a player and turn into an asshole when someone else does. My first comment was actually praising Keogh for his performance in the last few games. 

​No, I want to analyse goals and mistakes by looking at each one individually and objectively. I'm not addressing other games because as far as I'm concerned they're not relevant to what happened on the pitch against Wolves. Why on earth should I go and view footage from other games to discuss two goals conceded against Wolves?

I never said you're not allowed to criticise Keogh. In fact, I specifically said there are numerous legitimate things to criticise him for. The point I addressed was you asserting he'd been partly at fault for both goals in the Wolves game and that is demonstrably false.

Archived