Should we be looking towards next season yet?

I think we are all in agreement that we have blown a great position and could well struggle to make top 6. Should we leave George for next season as there is also a good chance that chrissy martins injury is worse than has been publicised. Drawing with Rotherham and Brum as well as losing to Brighton and Fulham proves that as a squad we have probably overachieved.

Macca's stock has dropped so he will still be here next season. I would expect Will to join Liverpool, Johnny to go to Bournemouth if they go up, Bryso and Keogh to join relegated Burnley, Christie to go (anywhere - dont rate him).

So money burning a hole in the pocket. Rebuild the back 4, try and sign ince, will need 2 midfielders although Koblenz or Guy may be worth a shout, raid Palace for Gayle, Nolan from WHU.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the turn of the year we have only really performed against Blackburn, Charlton, Bournemouth and 90 mins against Brum. That means we have been hit and miss in the rest. The liklihood of turning things around like the flick of a switch is unlikely at best.

I am eternally the optimist but lets face facts that since the turn of the year only Bent, Ince, Hughes and Russell have shown anything of worth. You can include Chrissy M as well but none of the back 5 nor the vital holding midfield role. Hendrick has done ok but that is it. I do feel that we havely massively missed The Eust but that says a lot, not so much how vital he is more how lacking a real leader of men to direct operations we are. GT is defo captain material but never fit.

I think we have almost no chance of going up automatically, but it would be completely ridiculous and childish to give up now after an entire season just because of a few bad games. We should go out there and try win every game and see what happens - Why look to next season? There are 8 games out there and there is nothing stopping us winning them all, nor is there anything stopping us losing them all.

Get to the playoffs and we have a shot at going up. Just because the league is tight doesn't mean we have failed. If someone had said to you we would be 5 points off top spot at this point of the season you would probably have assumed we would be second or maybe a close third. Will be a season that you remember for a long time this one, maybe it will be a "what if..." or maybe we will look back at the days after the Boro result and laugh. 

Interesting to see as well is that while I 100% do not want to go down the playoffs route, people forget that there is every chance we could go and win the playoffs if we don't make autos. You all act as if playoffs is the end of the world.

Like we said at the start of the season, we can't let Wembley scar us. Every chance we could do it, even if we didn't do it last year.

But I pray to all that is holy that it does not come to that... autos still on...

Interesting to see as well is that while I 100% do not want to go down the playoffs route, people forget that there is every chance we could go and win the playoffs if we don't make autos. You all act as if playoffs is the end of the world.

Like we said at the start of the season, we can't let Wembley scar us. Every chance we could do it, even if we didn't do it last year.

But I pray to all that is holy that it does not come to that... autos still on...

Archived