Should we be looking towards next season yet?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listen - its still to play for. I dont want any ....next season talk

Bent is a on loan forward - if he is nearly fit - play him. Not our risk!

We get to international break and re-group

we need at least a point tonight,.....go there and defend for your lives............and we might get a chance of sneaking 3 points

How you can write it all off with 8 games to go I will never know. 24 points is loads.

We need something tonight, then regroup over the international break. By the end of that we should have at least Bent back so there's no reason we can't find some form and finish strongly- as far as I see it the defence hasn't been the problem for the last couple of games.

I think Ince will be signed regardless, he'll be next season's Thorne. Bent could be snapped up, but if we stay down then I think a Premier League club will come in for him.

I don't think any of the players out of contract will earn new deals, maybe Eustace but certainty no the rest.

If no-one comes in and no-one leaves: 

Lee Grant, Kelle Roos

Cyrus Christie, Ryan Shotton, Isak Sswankambo; Richard Keogh, Jake Buxton, Raul Albentosa, Ferrand Rawson; Stephen Warnock, Craig Forsyth

Will Hughes, Jeff Hendrick, Craig Bryson, Jamie Hanson, George Thorne, Alban Bunjaku, Callum Guy, Tom Koblenz

Simon Dawkins, Mason Bennett, Ivan Calero, Alefe Santos, Jamie Ward, Johnny Russell

Chris Martin, Kwame Thomas, Shaq McDonald

It's a great foundation to build upon - in the Championship or Premier League

So what happens if you fail to go up this season?

Hughes sold? McLaren leaves? Lose Ince and Bent?

Guessing some folk might take someone like Bryson or Hendrick too.

The irony being, of course, if we don't go up then McClaren's reputation takes a knock

I doubt anyone in their right mind would pay our asking price and his wages of the back of a failed promotion push. 

If we go up then it because more possible he could leave, in my opinion. 

As long as we win our next two games then the only favour we'll need to be right back in it is Forest beating Norwich tomorrow.

The above scenario is the bare minimum to be within touching distance of those above us.

Ipswich can also do us a couple of big favours, with them playing Watford tomorrow and Bournemouth on Good Friday.

It's not over yet.

Archived