Kwame Thomas should have started

Curtains

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree with Thomas starting, I would have also liked to have seen Warnock in at DM over Hanson but there you go.

Important games need experienced players, every game remaining is important for us. 

Warnock I agree with 100 percent .

got to go I'm dipping out 

​I understand that, but it's not like Thomas was trapping everything last night was it? He won three headers. That's it. Only two of them found a white shirt.

I've seen him for the U21s a couple of time and I can't say his hold up play is anything to write home about at that level.

It's nuisance value to opposition defenders .

ive seen Thomas loads in the u21s and I'd give him a go he a real handful 

its your choice as Johnny seems to be a fans favourite whatever he does. 

He was running blind alleys last night for me. 

Did you not see Russell at Norwich for 90 minutes?

Biggest nuisance I've seen, rightfully kept his place based on that performance. We don't need to go chopping and changing because we found it tough against one of the best defence's in the league.

Way too many long balls being played last night when we struggled to play it through our midfield. Considering we have no physical presence of note up top throughout the team it was a mystery why we did that so often. We are on the ropes here chaps and chapesses, players out of form and no confidence = struggle to stay in the play off places. 

​It got deleted because I insulted you. @Daveo messaged me to say that he agreed with me, but his hands were tied by forum rules

Strange thing to mention me, drawing me into a post which you are talking ******. I'll repeat what I said in the PM, behave yourself.

The only other player that can hold the ball up exceptionally well with his back to goal is Dawkins.  

Grant

Shotton Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

Bryson Hughes

Ince Dawkins Ward

Russell.

Dawkins behind Russell in CAM would be ideal in my opinion.

I know most people on here don't rate Simon Dawkins and I can see why in terms of no end product when he plays out wide but he has never been tried in a central role behind the striker. 

This will limit Hughes and Bryson who will have to play as two normal CM's as appose to having more freedom with a CDM behind but it is clear the current system is not working anyway. 

If Bent is fit that changes things of course. 

I find it sad that Lingard isn't game much game time. Ward is doing ok but he, and others, over the past few days just haven't provided enough.

last night, our front six were all under six foot, and with Hanson playing the DCM role, he wasn't comfortable to take the ball from the defenders, and turn on it. That left the defenders with no choice but to hit the longs diagonal which was meet and drink. (I thought Woodgate and Friend were immense) 

That team simply doesn't work. We are so badly missing Thorne now Its unbelievable. A half fit Thorne must play at Watford as I genuinely believe anything other than a win and it's the end of the autos.

Archived