Kwame Thomas should have started

Curtains

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't see what other people, including the OP people see in Thomas. He can't control the ball, he can't head a ball properly, he has no real pace, he gets brushed aside to easily and he does a lot of running without really knowing why or where he should be running too. He's like a **** Izale McLeod.

For goodness sake if Russell plays as target man much longer I doubt we will make the play offs. 

I have seen Kwame loads of times and I know he has his limitations but he is a much better option than Russell in that role. 

I thought I was watching ping pong last night the amount of times the ball kept coming back first half. 

Russell didn't even win one header. 

Did you not see Russell at Norwich for 90 minutes?

Biggest nuisance I've seen, rightfully kept his place based on that performance. We don't need to go chopping and changing because we found it tough against one of the best defence's in the league.

PistoldPete2

I don't think Thomas was a direct threat against boro but he gave us more shape and we seemed more threatening in last 15 minutes. I can see why russell ward and ince all played but it does mean we have three wingers and no central strikers. 

What have I missed with Thomas? 

Where is this hold up play? Just watch the full 90 back and point me to the bits he did which show the promise. 

I'm not being sarcastic. It's a real question. What am I missing?  

If you want a nuisance to defenders then play Jack Russell up front. No. That's not a typo. 

I can't be bothered to read the thread but.........

russell is alright, he's working his nuts off and played very well at brighton.

he played with a broken nose last night and still caused the greatest threat when he dribbled right across the box.

the service to him was poor whether hoofed from the back or miscued from the flanks.

I've seen kwame thomas a few times and he does not impress me at all.

sorry.

russell> thomas

I can't be bothered to read the thread but.........

russell is alright, he's working his nuts off and played very well at brighton.

he played with a broken nose last night and still caused the greatest threat when he dribbled right across the box.

the service to him was poor whether hoofed from the back or miscued from the flanks.

I've seen kwame thomas a few times and he does not impress me at all.

sorry.

russell> thomas

We lost 0-2 to crappy Brighton 

He dribbled right across the box what use is that if you don't shoot .

I remember it well and thought how bad was that has he got a right foot or what. 

Look Kwame is not the finished article but IMO we have to dtart the lad .

I don't wish to sound condescending (no really, I don't) but I think you're mistaking 'Russell not being good enough in the role' with 'Thomas is good enough in the role'. I don't like Russell playing in that role but he's undoubtedly a better option than Thomas.

Archived