Kwame Thomas should have started

Curtains

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not Russell's role but he's been asked to give it a go and he's put his body on the line for the cause fair play to the lad. 

Regarding Thomas, it's a big ask for a young lad to lead the line when the team are struggling, he came on last night and did o.k. 

Mac has some big calls to make on Friday as we need a result. 

TobyWanKenobi

​While I agree in the next game Kwame should be given a start, to imply that people should have know he was the best option already is a bit of a stretch. Johnny had had a couple of games in that role and not adapting to it for us. Now we know, we didn't before.

For those asking who he replaces, it's my opinion that Ince has dropped in form, and I would go with Ward/Thomas/Russell up front, and Ince goes onto the bench for a game.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong and stupid though.

​While I agree in the next game Kwame should be given a start, to imply that people should have know he was the best option already is a bit of a stretch. Johnny had had a couple of games in that role and not adapting to it for us. Now we know, we didn't before.

For those asking who he replaces, it's my opinion that Ince has dropped in form, and I would go with Ward/Thomas/Russell up front, and Ince goes onto the bench for a game.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong and stupid though.

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion about Thomas after the 15 minutes last night, just as ineffective as Russell was for 75 minutes. 

Id like to think that if we didn't play balls 2 yards over the head of our striker we'd be able to analyse this a tad better. 

​We are not going to get a loan in......give me reasons Thomas "deserves a start"....he has done nothing, been sent out on loan and done nothing.....ran around a bit last night....when the game was lost....brilliant...Darryl Powell used to run around a lot....

Russell deserves the centre forward spot, he was signed as a centre forward and has spent the majority of his Derby time out on the wing....now he is getting the chance to play where he prefers..

Disagree with Thomas starting, I would have also liked to have seen Warnock in at DM over Hanson but there you go.

Important games need experienced players, every game remaining is important for us. 

Archived