Kwame Thomas should have started

Curtains

I don't wish to sound condescending (no really, I don't) but I think you're mistaking 'Russell not being good enough in the role' with 'Thomas is good enough in the role'. I don't like Russell playing in that role but he's undoubtedly a better option than Thomas

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather try Dawkins myself than Russell again but what I find strange is a handful of supporters go to U21 games but confess to know just how good Kwame is  ! 

Derby u21s beat Arsenal at Pride Park and Kwame played well and about 1000 supporters  approximately attended the game 

How can all these Derby fans who say he's done nothing profess to know this !

Daveo

Totally agree with you  on this matter .

U21 Football is miles off Championship standard .

The Dawkins option is interesting but also a gamble just as Thomas would be .

Status quo is the other choice with Russell and if it comes off its a case of I told you so from all and sundry  

PS Watched  Chris Martin walk away from IPRO last night walking  with a stiff leg and he looked way off a return to action and just how long he will be out who knows  

Daveo still can't do new content search m8 

getting error ex1054 

​Is Jeff Hendrick example number 2 and Will Hughes example number 3?  Not sure on the logic of your argument...

Not sure I understand yours?

Hughes was eased into the first team gradually, sub appearances, pre season before he was given a start.

This topic is about throwing Thomas straight in at the deep end in important games.

The fact he's had decent games in the U21's doesn't mean much, Calum Ball was knocking them in for fun yet didn't make the step up.

Now is not the time to be trying youngsters out, we need experienced heads in there.

I can understand not those not wanting Thomas to play, I can also understand the arguments for.

I can't understand why Callum Ball is a reason not to promote U21 players on the logic that Callum Ball found the gap too great?  To my mind some will bridge the gap others won't, but it has little to do with Callum Ball.  If that makes sense?

Not sure I understand yours?

Hughes was eased into the first team gradually, sub appearances, pre season before he was given a start.

This topic is about throwing Thomas straight in at the deep end in important games.

The fact he's had decent games in the U21's doesn't mean much, Calum Ball was knocking them in for fun yet didn't make the step up.

Now is not the time to be trying youngsters out, we need experienced heads in there.

Ball isn't a "reason" why Thomas shouldn't play, simply an example of a player that was banging them in for fun in the U21's and didn't step up.

Thomas having a great game v Arsenal U21's which Curtains mentioned isn't something that says to me he's worth throwing in now as the gap is huge and the timing is all wrong.

Like last night when we totally toothless upfront. 

Ive watched Thomas and I'm not sure about him either but I don't like putting square pegs in round holes which is what Russell is as Martins replacement. 

Thats why I believe there is no other choice than Thomas other than Dawkins maybe as McClaren doesn't want to change our style of play and system  

PS Warnock at DM is a good idea by you instead of Hanson for now  

Wouldn't Dawkins be a round peg in a square hole? 

Russell came to Derby as a striker, I may be wrong but Dawkins has never been one.

Anyhow, talk is Bent will be back Friday which knocks all this on the head.

People saying Warnock should have played instead of Hanson can't have watched the game.

He was easily one of our better players and played the position so much better than Mascarell.

Forum is kinda pointless then isn't it? All those that watched the game should have the same opinion and there's nothing much to say as we're all in agreement 

Archived