Formation

Ramarena

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I don't believe it. 

If Hughes and Hendrick can't dominate a midfield of Clayton and Leadbitter then what kind of future have they got in the game, I mean really? Bryson too. 

It makes them limited players who need two players around them to protect them - even at this level. Yet, people think Premier League teams will be falling over themselves to sign them if we don't go up? Odd. 

TobyWanKenobi

I call this the 'Franz Buxtonbauer':

----------------------Grant------------------
---------------------Buxton------------------
--------------Albentosa-Keogh------------
Christie----------------------------Forsyth
----------------Thorne/Hanson------------
--------------Hughes---Bryson---------------
------Martin/Thomas-----------------------
------------------------Russell/Bent------------

I hate 442. Inflexible barbarian formation built perfectly for percentage football and/or fast and skilled wide midfielders of which we have none. 

Ince said part of the reason he likes it here is because he gets to play further up than the wide midfield role he's been stuck in since leaving Blackpool. 

It's the revert to type default system for English sides. And English sides aren't known for their flexibility and freedom of movement and fluid football. 

You play more players out of position by playing 442. All it means is you'll have 2 strikers struggling to get two touches rather than one. You'll get 2 midfielders running around like headless chickens again like we had a couple of years ago.

I hate 442. Inflexible barbarian formation built perfectly for percentage football and/or fast and skilled wide midfielders of which we have none. 

Ince said part of the reason he likes it here is because he gets to play further up than the wide midfield role he's been stuck in since leaving Blackpool. 

It's the revert to type default system for English sides. And English sides aren't known for their flexibility and freedom of movement and fluid football. 

You play more players out of position by playing 442. All it means is you'll have 2 strikers struggling to get two touches rather than one. You'll get 2 midfielders running around like headless chickens again like we had a couple of years ago.

It's a myth that you need a physical midfielder in the 4-4-2 formation. Look at real madrid they won 20 games in a row playing kroos and modric as the 2 cms. Wouldn't be a problem for us anyway because we have thorne as our "physical presence."

I wonder if, like us, some of them may be thinking ahead of themselves. I know they all trot out the 'one game at a time' mantra but it's only human to start idly thinking about the future. There must be some of them worrying a bit that they might not be good enough for the Premiership. We talk about it often enough! Perhaps for some it's undermining their confidence a bit.

Sorry, I meant to put this in the Why has it gone wrong thread!

Archived