2 wins from 10 games

Chris Mills

I'm not sure why when we have had 2 wins from our last 10 games people think we still have a chance at automatic promotion and that we're already nailed on for the playoffs? Lots of you will shoot me down here but if we only have 8 games to play, how come there is still anticipation that we are going to go up? We're 3 points from dropping out of the playoff and 5 from second. Every game is huge now, I hope we can do it as much as the next fan, but I think we need to look at it realistically and hope for a playoff place now.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 reason why I think even given our current form we will still do it. 

Chris Martin

When he is fit we will beat everyone. For me he was player of the season before we even reached January, he is that good and important to the team.  

If we can beat Wolves and get Martin fit I don't see why we can't go and win every game in the run in. 

One of Boro or Bournemouth will drop points as they play each other on Saturday. Then we will make Watford drop points when we beat them. 

The positive crew are more annoying than the constant moaners. We have been found out this season simple as. Even when we have had a near on full strength team we haven't seen the football we were seeing last season. If we go up its a huge bonus.

Do we believe Martin and Thorne will be back to anything like form for the run in? I'm skeptical, Martin will have missed around 7 weeks after the international break, if he does return he'll need a few games to get going. Thorne for me is becoming Darren Anderton, he has real quality but it's useless in the injury room, I'd be surprised if he was to play even 50% of the remaining games. 

I'm up for bets that we make the play offs if you fancy it? 

This week is a huge week for us in the promotion  race and after Wolves i think we'll know exactly what we're playing for.

not a pop at you Chris, see how I wait for results to actually appear before writing us off rather than calling us ***** when we had 66pts like top spot did 

without key players this week was a big ask.  

After Friday if the gap is 5 or more points then I don't fancy top 2. 

We'll make the play offs though. I'll bet on it.

The positive crew are more annoying than the constant moaners. We have been found out this season simple as. Even when we have had a near on full strength team we haven't seen the football we were seeing last season. If we go up its a huge bonus.

I went to Norwich and the game tonight hoping for draws. My point is people are believing there own hype too much and it's coming back to bite us. If we make the playoffs that's a huge achievement. The "positive crew" that complain about people moaning need a wake up call.

Reminds me so much of our failed promotion bid in 1992 ...signed a lot of young talented players, missed out on automatic on last day of season (boro scored with 20mins left and only had ten men I recall) and fluffed play offs.

we have quality.....but young team, young new loanees.

my only consolation is I won't be looking at tables anymore, amd will be mighty relieved if we squeezed into automatics. 

Play offs is realistically where I see us finishing, unless we win the next two...

and at least our sense of "loss" on missing on autos has been happening these last couple of weeks as it dawns on us all we are really not capable of winning games we should have.

really just hope we play our first leg of play off away, as doubt we will be able to run on the pitch to celebrate making Wembley otherwise...despite my cup being half empty I will be happy to celebrate getting to Wembley from where we are tody.

#unfinished business 

Zamora on loan anyone ? Know any songs if he comes .......??

I felt a bit sad tonight. We were not good enough. I thought we gave a good game but we needed a fully fit squad tonight.  I think we still have the team to do it. It's just very disappointing when we lose. Let's stick together and have the autopsy at the end of the season.

I went to Norwich and the game tonight hoping for draws. My point is people are believing there own hype too much and it's coming back to bite us. If we make the playoffs that's a huge achievement. The "positive crew" that complain about people moaning need a wake up call.

It's not positive. It's just not believing that we are entitled to anything or better than we are. 

At the same time it recognises the journey we ve made from nothing to play for in Jan and 3-0 home defeats to Bristol and Reading.

What standards are the moaners judging us by. We were going nowhere like this before McClaren. 

It's as if fans joined in at the end of last season and think that's the typical Derby. 

We're a Championship side. We haven't been anything more for a decade plus. 

Context. 

I felt a bit sad tonight. We were not good enough. I thought we gave a good game but we needed a fully fit squad tonight.  I think we still have the team to do it. It's just very disappointing when we lose. Let's stick together and have the autopsy at the end of the season.

Archived