2 wins from 10 games

Chris Mills

The positive crew are more annoying than the constant moaners. We have been found out this season simple as. Even when we have had a near on full strength team we haven't seen the football we were seeing last season. If we go up its a huge bonus.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're currently 20th in the form table. Quite catastrophic. I don't think heads have dropped, I just think that we can't play like Martin is on the pitch when he isn't. I didn't see the game tonight (different country), but the amount of balls punted up to Russell against Norwich that came directly back was ridiculous. I don't know what to expect on Friday at this point.

not so long ago most people genuinely thought we'd go up automatically

then they hoped we'd go up automatically

now most just hope we still make the play offs

Derby reserves are having a dodgy patch too - the natives are equally restless in yorkshire.

I seriously think that a lot of posters have been guilty of believing all of the hype, quoting bookies making us favourites for promotion, starting threads about how good we are and what a fantastic squad we've got. My strategy now is to lower my expectations so much that if we do make the playoffs it will be a bonus, if we don't then I wasn't actually ever considering that we would do. 

Not a moan at all but I think we need a reality check. We've underperformed for the vast majority of the season and have been 'waiting' to hit the heights of 2013/14 to shift clear of the pack and on to the promised land. Thats now unlikely to happen now and the recent spate of injuries have made doubly sure of that. We could debate about having inadequate cover up front or the fact that we drafted in a rookie from Spain to cover the critical holding midfielder position - a gamble that hasn't really paid off - but we are where we are and we stay firmly behind the team, management and club as a whole. Anything can still happen of course, but looking at our remaining fixtures, by my estimation we'll pick up 16 more points (5 wins and a draw), giving us a total of 83 at the end of the season. In all reality that's unlikely to be enough for a top two position. It's likely to be the play offs, and if so, then so be it. 

Found out? How come we've won 19 games then? By chance?

Depends what you're expectations are, those who looked past the likes of Boro, Norwich and Watford were/are fools. We're a good team but there's also a few other teams in this league that are just as good, if not better. It's tight, we're up there and we still have a chance.

Archived