Wolverhampton Wanderers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Its make or break for autos and we need to go for it tonight, no good sitting back or going for a point. We need to be full throttle and take the game to Wolves. Make them defend, make them panic. With this line up I am now slightly more optimistic than I was earlier today. COYR we can win this game.....

​You're right, we absolutely can win this.

That attack force is scary, essentially 4 very forward thinking, dangerous players.

If we can keep Wolves on the back foot and be clinical, there's a good chance we can give them another 5-0 spanking. However, we have to be wary of their counters, especially with 2 excellent strikers such as Afobe and Dicko upfront.

​It's what Boro play and they played it very well especially at home against us. Whether Hughes & Bryson are the right type of players to have anchoring (Boro player Leadbitter & Clayton) we will see.

Flexible too. We could stick Thorne in alongside Hughes, move Hughes up in the CAM role behind Bent/Martin. I think that system suits us very well.

Not all that different from 433 really.

Bent never drops to show for the ball. He's always trying to split defenders apart. So the extra body will hopefully create that Chris Martin pass. Two holding midfielders... If it was Omar and Thorne or Thorne and anyone else or even Eustace and anyone else then I'd love it.

Hughes playing they is short term and understandable. With a fit DM though I'd want him out of there because he's much better when allowed to do whatever he wants to do. 

Hughes and Bryson arent defensively great. I'm surprised Hanson hasn't got a game alongside one.

It says to me McClaren has been very attack minded. 

Come On Derby!!!!!! 

Let's have a 2 or 3 point gap or less to come and attack after the break!!! 

UTR!!!

Archived