Would not surprise me

TopRam

it wouldn't suprise me if Derby didnt run away with the next three games and demolish Norwich, Boro and wolves. But on the other hand it wouldn't suprise me if we didn't roll over and get 0 points. I'd happily take 7. Thoughts, are people confident or not?? Everyone has to stay positive 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norwich away - cannot see it, sorry. Even if we were 10 pts clear and everyone fit - always seems like one of them grounds for Derby. 

Boro home - they are on a bit of a dip like everyone really, think we could sneak a nervy 2-1. Plus its a midweek game - don't ask me why, I fancy us more under the lights.

Wolves away - I can see a draw at the moment, but if we go into this from a win v Boro then who knows.

3 big games either way.

Wouldn't surprise me either, not sure why people look at the fixture list and say we won't beat them, nor them how negative can you get?

We're capable of beating any team in this league, as well as being open to being beaten.

Don't under estimate the power the ref has in changing a result either....

Norwich- Lose (anything other than that and it's fantastic!) 3-1

Boro- Draw (either side could snatch it though) 1-1

Wolves- Win (with a bit of luck and a fully fit Thorne and Martin we can do it) 0-2

Watford- Win (Similar to us in defence being the weakness, at home I think we could get the points) 2-1

Overall we should aim for 7 points out of the 12 if we want to stand a chance at automatics, COYR!

If we get GT and Martin back fit I'd fancy 7 from the next 9. They really are that good/vital to the team. Absolutely no surprise we aren't doing the business at the moment despite being in some decent positions (played well midweek but no goals, obviously yesterday).

capable of loseing to anyone and beating every one ,god only knows ,more chance of predicting 6 numbers on the lottery than predicting the next ten games,sure other teams will have the same concerns and will be a few more surprises along the way ,wouldn't surprise me if 84 points gets some one in the automatic promotions though

Every goal Norwich scored against Millwall came from god awful defending, the Millwall players were tripping over themselves. With Martin and Thorne coming back and if we put Russell in for Ward I think we could get some points at Carrow Road, maybe put Shotton in for Christie to bolster up the defence. 

Every goal Norwich scored against Millwall came from god awful defending, the Millwall players were tripping over themselves. With Martin and Thorne coming back and if we put Russell in for Ward I think we could get some points at Carrow Road, maybe put Shotton in for Christie to bolster up the defence. 

We'll be fine.

Lessons have been learned from the last 3 matches:

1) Fulham - remember to turn up to the game.

2) Brighton - Turned up. Remember to get the ball in the net.

3) Birmingham - Turned up. Got ball in net. Remember to protect the lead until the final whistle.

In my vast experience, that's all there is to football, so it should be a comfortable run in now these points have been taken on board.

Also, this season, many teams seem to have have been happy to defend and play for a draw with us having to break them down. Then they'll get something on the counter attack seemingly unjustly and we lose heart. At the end of the season teams will be more attacking so leave more space for us, and we'll start winning a few. This is where Steve and the team earn their pennies and we'll see if they are up to it. I hope so.

As long as we keep the ball more often than our opposition and create chances then there's nothing that needs worry. 

Results have been bizarre this season. Brighton (away), Birmingham (home), Millwall (home) and Cardiff (home) have been games where we've dropped points after putting in a, on the whole, very good performance. 

Middlesbrough had nearly 30 shots against Forest and lost 2-1, so it's not only us it happens too but that's football. 

Norwich are a good side, but they play a similar way to us. I get far more comfortable playing teams that play a similar game to us as it means whoever is better on the day comes away with the points. It's very, very, VERY rare we are the worse team on the day so it does give me confidence. It was like when we played against Wolves, I was confident because of the way they play - same with Bournemouth. 

Middlesbrough are a very defensive side, who like a counter-attack, so I'm not overly keen on that encounter. However, I think Norwich and Wolves have the quality to go into the games against us and the best team will come out on top. I hope that we can prove that's us.

If we can keep ourselves in the top 2 by the end of the next five games then I think we'll be very strong contenders. The last four games are against teams we should be relishing playing. It's frustrating because if we would have had the results that were fitting for our last two games then we would be five points clear. 

Archived