Impact of the newbie????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Forest fans acted this way over signing a 26 year old who'd only ever played 1/2 a season in a top division we'd be laughing our arses off.

I just want to see the guy play so I can judge for myself, rather than assume he's going to be amazing based solely on the fact that he's Spanish.

If Forest fans acted this way over signing a 26 year old who'd only ever played 1/2 a season in a top division we'd be laughing our arses off.

I just want to see the guy play so I can judge for myself, rather than assume he's going to be amazing based solely on the fact that he's Spanish.

Albentosa is a very good talker on the field just like Stimac was and is very good on  the ball .

he has everything IMO 

You will all see how good he is if the U21 game against Brighton is anything to go by as I thought he was massively impressive at St George's Park. 

I've always thought that Mo Camara had a huge impact when he came into the club. He was so awful, players around him had to raise their game to make up for his uselessness. I think that's what sparked our first good run under the Poison Dwarf.

We never looked the same after Jay McEveley came in. He was slightly better, but everyone around him relaxed and we got a lot more leaky at the back. That cost us automatics.

Crazy idea but what I will do with Raul is, I know, bare with me, this might sound a bit "out there" but, I will wait to watch him play more than 45 minutes against a 3 division team before I form an opinion about if he is any good or not...!

this forum blows my mind sometimes...

I wouldn't doubt that the lad is an exceptional talent. 

I would suggest however that comparing him to a man whose influence on the entire football club is of great and incomparable legend, based a performance in a reserve match, and winning a few headers in a cup tie against Chesterfield...is perhaps a tiny wee bit premature.

I like what I hear about the lad, don't get me wrong, sounds promising for us ... but lets how he gets on eh?

This is one of the biggest problems with the delay in getting him out there on the pitch ... the level of expectation sky-rockets.

Calero looked pretty tasty for the reserves ... but I sincerely doubt that he is the new John McGovern.

By the way Duracell ... I'm with you on that. We looked far better as an overall defensive unit with Camara in the side. McEverley was by miles a smoother operator ... but was he as dogged? 

I always felt Camara was harshly treated by the fans ... mainly because he ran as though he had a gangrinous leg.

Crazy idea but what I will do with Raul is, I know, bare with me, this might sound a bit "out there" but, I will wait to watch him play more than 45 minutes against a 3 division team before I form an opinion about if he is any good or not...!

this forum blows my mind sometimes...

Archived