Impact of the newbie????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't doubt that the lad is an exceptional talent. 

I would suggest however that comparing him to a man whose influence on the entire football club is of great and incomparable legend, based a performance in a reserve match, and winning a few headers in a cup tie against Chesterfield...is perhaps a tiny wee bit premature.

I like what I hear about the lad, don't get me wrong, sounds promising for us ... but lets how he gets on eh?

This is one of the biggest problems with the delay in getting him out there on the pitch ... the level of expectation sky-rockets.

Calero looked pretty tasty for the reserves ... but I sincerely doubt that he is the new John McGovern.

By the way Duracell ... I'm with you on that. We looked far better as an overally unit with Camara in the side. McEverley was by miles a smoother operator ... but was he as dogged? 

I always felt Camara was harshly treated by the fans ... mainly because he ran as though he had a gangrinous leg.

We don't know if he's playing tomorrow but I'd give him a go if he's fit. 

The thing that I noticed in the U21s at ST George's on a cold night game was him giving orders out to the other players and cajoling them on set pieces etc .

Warnock also looked very good to me . 

Up the Rams 

And nobody has seen me on here, since Daveo worked his magic on this forum, but it's working now and allowing me to log in on this iPad, might be another 3 weeks or more, before I get the chance to post again so better say something worthwhile, like when our avatar's were square the Rams were winning games, now our avatars are round and we keep on losing, sometimes change is not good. But some might say sticking in Ince and Bent in was fantastic, but a few games in, their initial impact has wavered, some might say if Warnock had stayed on the pitch against Reading, we might be still on for winning the FA Cup, and some might say if we were still playing now, we wouldn't have managed a decent shot at Fulham's keeper. Then Brighton score 2 decent goals agains us and some might say Steve Mac didn't show enough respect in his post match interview about the opposition, that took their chances when they came along.

Anyway regarding this fella Albertstoesareonfire, well I'll make up my own mind when I've seen him play at least 6 games, regarding whatever some might say.........

MuespachRam I sent you a PM regarding meeting up in the pub after the Fulham game, but the way this forum has been working lately, it's probably sat unopened in Maximo Parks Inbox!

well he either has to play (albentosa) - and show his worth - or he has to sit on the bench with us all arguing about him.  Whichever way, I doubt Keogh will be dropped.  Mac said Bucko had a 'niggle' so, let's **** and get off the pot with him.  He's either good enough, or he isn't.  

He'd better not make a mistake - ever.

if he does then I'm going to be slagging him off every minute of every game.

in fact if we let any goals in at all with him in the side I'm going to decide it's his fault for not organising the people around him properly.

also if we fail to score 5 in every game from now until the end of the season, it'll be his fault and will give me the licence to boo him every time he touches the ball. Actually I might start booing him when he's near the ball, or maybe just when he's on the same pitch as the ball. 

That'll do it, and if he can't handle it then he shouldn't be a proffesional footballer.

i think I'll start writing songs now that say how **** he is, might save a bit of time later.

Archived