Adam Johnson arrested

Kernow

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Innocent until proven guilty.

Police charge does not = guilty.

Police are *****.

​He will be guilty - I've seen it with my own eyes.

Well I've not seen him smashing a 15 year old with my own eyes (I'm not a paedo) but I've seen the social media posts.

......To me, he can genuinely only be guilty if there was knowledge of her age, or even suspicion.....

​But isn't that where the grooming charge becomes particularly damning - I'd agree that he would have a defence if he genuinely thought she was 'legal', but the grooming charge suggests that (the CPS believe) he was involved in an activity with someone he knew to be underage....

On a related note, apparently Sunderalnd have announced that he can still play (if selected) even though he's now been charged - I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but I'd have thought a period of 'gardening leave' might have been appropriate this close to the end of the season.....

​But isn't that where the grooming charge becomes particularly damning - I'd agree that he would have a defence if he genuinely thought she was 'legal', but the grooming charge suggests that (the CPS believe) he was involved in an activity with someone he knew to be underage....

On a related note, apparently Sunderalnd have announced that he can still play (if selected) even though he's now been charged - I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but I'd have thought a period of 'gardening leave' might have been appropriate this close to the end of the season.....

​my comment was from way before he was actually charged.

It currently doesn't look good for him, and it's hard to see him being able to defend his actions. His only hope is not having penetrative sex with her, which might show some form of self-control and respect for her age. But aside of that, it sounds like they think he knew her and knew her age.

​my comment was from way before he was actually charged.

It currently doesn't look good for him, and it's hard to see him being able to defend his actions. His only hope is not having penetrative sex with her, which might show some form of self-control and respect for her age. But aside of that, it sounds like they think he knew her and knew her age.

​Yep - sorry Mostyn, didn't see when you'd posted :blush:

​I suspect they might do, once safe from relegation.

Archived