Norwich Protest / Boycott

therams69

I'm a bit disappointed you're going to attend to be honest. 

If you're going to protest over ticket prices, seems slightly hypocritical to then pay the money. I'm sure you'll argue 'we'll protest in the ground etc as well which will gain more attention etc' which is a fair point, but some things are a matter of principle. 

The very bottom line is, if people keep paying the prices, then clubs will keep charging it. 

I fully support the cause and agree with what you're saying, but dont then go comply with exactly it is that you're protesting against. 

How we're doing on the pitch is irrelevant as well, you cant pick and choose the magnitute of the game to suit your principles. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Hold on a second, you hate English fan culture yet your encouraging everybody to spend £40 on this match.

All well and good handing out some flyers but at the end of the day nobody important will give a **** with you in the away end. If you and your pals hate English fan culture as much as you think you do, at least have the ******** to not be part of it. 

I'm a bit disappointed you're going to attend to be honest. 

If you're going to protest over ticket prices, seems slightly hypocritical to then pay the money. I'm sure you'll argue 'we'll protest in the ground etc as well which will gain more attention etc' which is a fair point, but some things are a matter of principle. 

The very bottom line is, if people keep paying the prices, then clubs will keep charging it. 

I fully support the cause and agree with what you're saying, but dont then go comply with exactly it is that you're protesting against. 

How we're doing on the pitch is irrelevant as well, you cant pick and choose the magnitute of the game to suit your principles. 

No win on this one really. A protest outside the ground or after the final whistle will not be news (other than on forums) so everyone might as well just go and witness the mighty Rams continued charge to the Prem.

The only thing that will make all clubs be reasonable with pricing is empty seats. Anything else and they will ignore it and hope it blows over.

What's needed is a national protest, football fans up and down the country (home and away) refusing to enter the stadiums until say, 3.15 one chosen Saturday.

Then a follow up a month or so later with a threat to do it again, but at 3.30....if enough did it, maybe 50%?, then it would be noticed on the TV coverage, National news etc.

It would need a good deal of publicity and planning but if enough notice was given, it may get some backing.

A tiny slice of the SKY billions could trickle down to supporters in lower ticket prices, or at least smaller increases.

The clubs won't do it voluntarily, it would have to be a mass protest to force them. 

Don't hold yer breath!

There's no way I'm paying £40 to go to Norwich away in the second tier, and I really hope no one else does. Our players aren't going to see an empty away end and instantly lose all hope. They'll know the reason and it could even add extra motivation. 

Buying a ticket then protesting is a terrible idea. If you keep giving them your money, they aren't going to change. If they want to go and sell the tickets to some Norwich chump, there's nothing I can do about that but at least I've taken a stand. 

My protest is I'm not going because it's a rip off. If I was a Leeds fan I wouldn't pay £36 to come to Derby

anyone who's paying £40 to go to Norwich can't really whinge when next time it's £42. Then £45. Then £47...etc

it doesn't matter if everyone dresses as Adolf Hitler and burns a Norwich fan. Once they've got your money they don't give a ****e.

you can't be that angry if you've paid it. No one made you pay it. They don't expect you to be happy about paying it. They just want you to pay it. 

And if you are then don't complain about it. 

Enjoy yourselves. I won't pay £40 for a regular 2nd tier league game. I won't be there paying them money I've not been forced to pay them and then complaining I've been forced to pay them. 

Draw a line or be part of prices keep going up. 

​See point pal BUT as said in OP Norwich is unique in that seats will be sold regardless whether its Derby or Norwich fans paying the cash. A boycott for us will gain absolute nothing. No empty seat. Yes maybe principal but tbh I would rather go there and make my point all things considered.

​Yes I hate english fan culture in terms of that fans spend more time moaning about something but actively do not go out there way to do something about it.

Nobody important will care? Even Stan Collymore bloody cared! Would anyone care if the majority of clubs did something about it? Probably so. Am sure the PL and FL would have this on the agenda at there quartley meeting if this were the case as hardly is a good advertisement for there respective leagues.

What pals?

Well funnily enough I think personally for myself I am tryna play my part in going against the typical English fan culture.

I wish you good luck in your protest, however it would be hypocritical of me to join in.

Had the ticket not been 40 quid, we would have probably struggled to get the 16 we did yesterday.  As we are staying down for the weekend, staying behind after the game would also waste valuable drinking time.

As we are jumping on the band wagon, 40 quid is a small price to pay for us, as we don't get out much at our age and getting away from young Kids for a couple of days. Hopefully you can forgive us and don't chuck your pies at us when you see us leaving before yourselves.

I can totally understand the point of highlighting the prices, as week in week out that is ludicrous.

I wish you good luck in your protest, however it would be hypocritical of me to join in.

Had the ticket not been 40 quid, we would have probably struggled to get the 16 we did yesterday.  As we are staying down for the weekend, staying behind after the game would also waste valuable drinking time.

As we are jumping on the band wagon, 40 quid is a small price to pay for us, as we don't get out much at our age and getting away from young Kids for a couple of days. Hopefully you can forgive us and don't chuck your pies at us when you see us leaving before yourselves.

I can totally understand the point of highlighting the prices, as week in week out that is ludicrous.

Very much agree with the idea and thoughts of the OP. 

I have highlighted the protest on our forum (www.pinkun.com) as this is a matter for all fans up and down the country. 

I have no doubt we will join in with the protest, helping show the unity between ALL fans and not just the away fans that follow their team week-in, week-out.. 

Very much agree with the idea and thoughts of the OP. 

I have highlighted the protest on our forum (www.pinkun.com) as this is a matter for all fans up and down the country. 

I have no doubt we will join in with the protest, helping show the unity between ALL fans and not just the away fans that follow their team week-in, week-out.. 

British fans do have good reason to actively support FSF ticket-price campaigns, given the (comparatively) small sacrifice in revenue that increasingly-enriched Prem clubs would need to give in order to apply better ticketing VFM, and to fill stadia for all fixtures, not just the glamour games.

However (as I opined a week or so ago, on this Norwich issue) it's unlikely that fans en masse here will overcome their traditional passivity to extend themselves as far as boycotting or actively protesting, in either the short or long term, to win permanent concessions.

Fan pressure to lobby their own clubs could help to encourage clubs to meet with League rivals pre-season, specifically to agree in advance an equitable pricing policy for the whole season (including making return fixtures at same-cost for away fans!)

'Away Members' and ticket distributors in the SCs have the prime opportunity to feed back supporter feelings to the club, I'd say. 

If pricing has been on previous FL or FA meeting agendas, nowt much has happened to peg prices to a fair level - but it's high time that a fair threshold (well below £40!) was formalised IMHO.

Why don't those who go boo on 40 mins in opposition to the pricing of the tickets, I am sure that if enough people joined in it would at least get a mention in the telegraph, which would be a start, also if properly arranged it would mean objecting the high prices of tickets while still giving full support to DCFC.

Archived