Norwich Protest / Boycott

therams69

Evening all

Going to be very much up too each individual on this one but its important that as 'fans' we take a stand in some shape or form.

Over the last week or so been calls for us to boycott the Norwich game, which also included myself in this bracket, despite other plans being drawn up too go along with it. Following numerous conversations with the Football Supporters Federation, Police and fans who have inputted on social media, forums, fan park etc this was the best plan of action that most agreed on so I am just spreading the word. Again entireley up to you and what you want to do but for me I agree its the best way forward to make a stand and be noticed that as football fans we do not agree with the £40.00 adult ticket charge for a standard championship league game.

First let me explain why we should NOT boycott Norwich. (again individual circumstances)

For a start they have a small stadium where demand far outweighes the capacity. In fact they have 2000 on a waiting list for a season ticket. By us not purchasing tickets we are not actually solving anything. The seats will be given to Norwich fans and as far as the UK media are aware no boycott was done by Derby fans except with the previous forums, social media grumbles. Should we have been playing at say Sheff Wednesday, the upper tier is solely for away fans. If a boycott were too take place the stand would remain with alot of spare seats and be visible to anyone in the stadium that a boycott had took place. This will not be the case with Norwich as the segregation netting will be moved across and Derby fans literally squeezed in a corner of the side stand whilst the unsold allocation will be given back to Norwich who will indeed sell out again due to the above mentioned reasons.

So why should we go Norwich and fork out £40.00?

Sure many of you will agree this is an outrage of a price to watch a 2nd tier normal league game.

A line has too be drawn and many feel the topping up too £40.00 has done that.

But as I said now is the time too make a stand. If every clubs fans played there part then something will be done. We have the 'twenty is plenty' campaign from the Football Supporters Federation ongoing where they want to cap all away tickets to a maximum price of £20.00 whatever league you are in.

So what are the plans?

As discussed its important that we make a stand about this particular ticket pricing. Derby County have already spoken to Norwich directly and also the Football League. They have done there part. Now its up to the fans to back them up and say look ENOUGH IS ENOUGH otherwise the clubs complaint could be seen as whinging.

Been suggested we should lead a protest outside Carrow Road main entrance at 1415. Important to note that this has to be a peaceful protest as despite it being Norwich directly involved, its also about 'away' ticket prices in general that continue to rise and rise. May well be £2 or £3 more than say Leeds but what about when its £44 and then £48? You cannot go on forever saying that.

The Football Supporters Federation fully back any protest we have and will be sending some flyers campaigning for the 'twenty is plenty' that will be handed out on the day. They have also advised they will be covering the story on there newsletters, blogs, forums, social media etc so other clubs fans will be aware of what Derby fans have done to make a stand. As well its worth pointing out that Sheff Wed and Forest are also due to visit Carrow Road and may also be charged £40.00. Imagine if they also protested then word is getting out and about the country and more importantly to the authorities that need to step in and stop the crazy rise in away ticket prices.

Important to note and hence why said best to purchase a ticket. The police do have the power to move you on from the Carrow Road premises should you not have a valid match ticket. Clearly any fans that were wishing to protest without a ticket could be ordered away and if you return be liable to arrest which makes it a problem for yourself and also limits the number at the protest.

After the protest do what we do best and support the lads for 90 minutes. I am sure either way they would have supported any decision made due to the £40.00 price.

After the game stay in your seat and further protest until we are removed. Again in a peaceful manner but too get the message across. I am sure any supporters coach would hang on, after all we are fighting for cheaper and fairer tickets for those sat waiting!!

Was impossible to even attempt a full boycott due to the sheer importance of the game so look we may as well go and travel in numbers and protest again in numbers befoe the game and after to get our message across.

Additionally our lads need our support. Its a tough game!

Hope as many as possible can attend before the game and then after the game. Doesnt matter if we have 10, 50, 100 or 500 the message will come across that Derby turned up in Norwich and made there point known. Even better if we bring the 3 points home with us.

Lots of support from fans up and down the country already and also a few Norwich have advised they will be joining in with us. More the merrier.

A few banners are being made up but be good if you plan to join the protest to either make or buy your own. If you saw the Palace banner at home to Arsenal on Sunday then you should know! Doesnt need to be that big obviously but they all help too spread a very important message.

Enough is Enough. Its time to make a stand.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all

Going to be very much up too each individual on this one but its important that as 'fans' we take a stand in some shape or form.

Over the last week or so been calls for us to boycott the Norwich game, which also included myself in this bracket, despite other plans being drawn up too go along with it. Following numerous conversations with the Football Supporters Federation, Police and fans who have inputted on social media, forums, fan park etc this was the best plan of action that most agreed on so I am just spreading the word. Again entireley up to you and what you want to do but for me I agree its the best way forward to make a stand and be noticed that as football fans we do not agree with the £40.00 adult ticket charge for a standard championship league game.

First let me explain why we should NOT boycott Norwich. (again individual circumstances)

For a start they have a small stadium where demand far outweighes the capacity. In fact they have 2000 on a waiting list for a season ticket. By us not purchasing tickets we are not actually solving anything. The seats will be given to Norwich fans and as far as the UK media are aware no boycott was done by Derby fans except with the previous forums, social media grumbles. Should we have been playing at say Sheff Wednesday, the upper tier is solely for away fans. If a boycott were too take place the stand would remain with alot of spare seats and be visible to anyone in the stadium that a boycott had took place. This will not be the case with Norwich as the segregation netting will be moved across and Derby fans literally squeezed in a corner of the side stand whilst the unsold allocation will be given back to Norwich who will indeed sell out again due to the above mentioned reasons.

So why should we go Norwich and fork out £40.00?

Sure many of you will agree this is an outrage of a price to watch a 2nd tier normal league game.

A line has too be drawn and many feel the topping up too £40.00 has done that.

But as I said now is the time too make a stand. If every clubs fans played there part then something will be done. We have the 'twenty is plenty' campaign from the Football Supporters Federation ongoing where they want to cap all away tickets to a maximum price of £20.00 whatever league you are in.

So what are the plans?

As discussed its important that we make a stand about this particular ticket pricing. Derby County have already spoken to Norwich directly and also the Football League. They have done there part. Now its up to the fans to back them up and say look ENOUGH IS ENOUGH otherwise the clubs complaint could be seen as whinging.

Been suggested we should lead a protest outside Carrow Road main entrance at 1415. Important to note that this has to be a peaceful protest as despite it being Norwich directly involved, its also about 'away' ticket prices in general that continue to rise and rise. May well be £2 or £3 more than say Leeds but what about when its £44 and then £48? You cannot go on forever saying that.

The Football Supporters Federation fully back any protest we have and will be sending some flyers campaigning for the 'twenty is plenty' that will be handed out on the day. They have also advised they will be covering the story on there newsletters, blogs, forums, social media etc so other clubs fans will be aware of what Derby fans have done to make a stand. As well its worth pointing out that Sheff Wed and Forest are also due to visit Carrow Road and may also be charged £40.00. Imagine if they also protested then word is getting out and about the country and more importantly to the authorities that need to step in and stop the crazy rise in away ticket prices.

Important to note and hence why said best to purchase a ticket. The police do have the power to move you on from the Carrow Road premises should you not have a valid match ticket. Clearly any fans that were wishing to protest without a ticket could be ordered away and if you return be liable to arrest which makes it a problem for yourself and also limits the number at the protest.

After the protest do what we do best and support the lads for 90 minutes. I am sure either way they would have supported any decision made due to the £40.00 price.

After the game stay in your seat and further protest until we are removed. Again in a peaceful manner but too get the message across. I am sure any supporters coach would hang on, after all we are fighting for cheaper and fairer tickets for those sat waiting!!

Was impossible to even attempt a full boycott due to the sheer importance of the game so look we may as well go and travel in numbers and protest again in numbers befoe the game and after to get our message across.

Additionally our lads need our support. Its a tough game!

Hope as many as possible can attend before the game and then after the game. Doesnt matter if we have 10, 50, 100 or 500 the message will come across that Derby turned up in Norwich and made there point known. Even better if we bring the 3 points home with us.

Lots of support from fans up and down the country already and also a few Norwich have advised they will be joining in with us. More the merrier.

A few banners are being made up but be good if you plan to join the protest to either make or buy your own. If you saw the Palace banner at home to Arsenal on Sunday then you should know! Doesnt need to be that big obviously but they all help too spread a very important message.

Enough is Enough. Its time to make a stand.

Simple fact is there's no way of protesting that doesn't hurt ourselves in terms of cheering DCFC on in a very important game. With that in mind, I'd suggest a boycott of Colmans Mustard until the end of the season, buy French if you must, but leave the 5 fingered condiment on the shelves.

Archived