Norwich Protest / Boycott

therams69

All of it. 

We have charged teams £37 this season. For example Leeds... A night game, at Christmas and on TV. 

You suggest a boycott over £3? 

Yes £40 is stupid, but realistically, so is anything over about £25 in this division. Not going to accomplish anything but make us look stupid and hurt the team on the pitch. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a case of, how far do you let it go, before, as Nick says, we're paying £50 quid to watch a match.  It's not going down - ticket prices have gone up way above inflation, and we take it - because we want to support our team. 

I read somewhere (think it was the Secret Footballers book), he said, ticket sales contribute around 13% of a clubs income - not much is it, not when there's millions being thrown around by the television companies.  We could all sit at home and watch football in an empty stadium, it's not football though, is it. 

A boycott is one of those ridiculous things that is done as a last resort but never really works. 

I can imagine why it's difficult for some people to make it, I mean, if you include travel and everything then it probably comes out over £100. In fact, it could well cost me nearly £200 when taking everything into consideration.

I'd just tell people if you can afford it and want to go - go. If you can't afford it, don't want to go - don't go. 

Simple as that really. If I was just going for the football game then I'd probably sidestep it too. 

It's the psychological barrier that's been breached here, £39 quid doesn't seem half as bad as £40, although only a quid difference. On a side note, read in the paper last week that to implement twentysplenty in the top flight would cost clubs less than 5% in of the new TV deal. 

It's the psychological barrier that's been breached here, £39 quid doesn't seem half as bad as £40, although only a quid difference. On a side note, read in the paper last week that to implement twentysplenty in the top flight would cost clubs less than 5% in of the new TV deal. 

​Are you a politician by chance or just prefer to answer a question with another question.

This is about ticket prices in particular away ticket prices.

Will not affect the performance with any protests. The only thing that could be classed as a distraction would be the limited amount of DCFC fans who can make it due to the ticket price.

Or the unwanted media attention and the lack of fans in the stand, because despite what you might think, people who would attend at £37 will still go at £40. 

Why would you even begin to risk it negatively effecting the performance? If we lost the game, rightly or wrongly, that's what the storyline will be from all parts. 

It's not the brightest idea, and it's at the worst possible time at that. 

Question: how many would give up there season tickets for one game across the whole football league? TV wouldn't like that would they? Empty seats at the Emirates, Stamford Bridge Old Trafford etc... 

I understand the premise of the OP in that these prices are pretty damn high, but as has been said a boycott or protest imo will really not do anything. More power to you if you want to take part in it, I just if lived in UK would not come all the way to Norwich just to do it.

​Unwanted media attention is on ticket prices not Derby County FC. Think you have totally got all this wrapped around yer head in honesty. The current sales havent suggested that in fairness so there goes that point. Maybe more will now attend I dont know.

So let me get your point right.

Due to a protest before the game and after that the DCFC players wont see that could therefore negatively affect the performance? I want some of what your drinking SRG!!

Archived