Christie

Derbados

Seriously, if he starts the next game i'm going to launch a criminal investigation! Shotton must have been watching him tonight thinking "seriously gaffer, you picked that over me??" he was absolutely woeful!! couldnt cross, couldnt control the ball, couldnt beat his man, constantly muscled off the ball and that foul he gave away when we were attacking with a couple of minutes to go had me swearing at the radio!! :angry:  :angry: 

get a grip Cyrus!! 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shotton should have started. If McClaren loves Christie so much then play him as winger. He'd be better on the wing seeing as he can hardly defend.

The issue is that if Christie plays, Forsyth doesnt get forward as much and tends not to play as well, Shotton also seems to Give Keogh alot more confidence, he also looks like much more of a leader, Christie looks like a sulking child at the minute 

The issue is that if Christie plays, Forsyth doesnt get forward as much and tends not to play as well, Shotton also seems to Give Keogh alot more confidence, he also looks like much more of a leader, Christie looks like a sulking child at the minute

Exactly what happened with Wisdom last season.

Maybe, just maybe, it's worth watching the game before passing judgement?  :ph34r:

i didn't need to watch the game to know he had a shocker, the radio can tell me that, it doesnt take a genius to work out that if both commentators say "Christie misplaces another pass" and "christie loses it again" or "christies cross is poor" that he's had a poor game . . .

I think its become pretty clear that Shotton is far more solid defensively and he offers you that long throw in. Christie is out of form but when in form he can bomb down there, but isn't a defensive stalwart. What's changed is that we have more lethal wingers, and a striker who scores a goal a game. So if we can lock it down back there with Shotton, and get Albentosa going, we can cut down the mistakes in the back. Christie is beginning to become a worry.

For what it's worth, here is his match stats for tonight:

Key passes - 0

Total crosses - 4, accurate crosses - 0

Touches - 92, possession lost - 25

Total tackle - 3

Interception - 0

Duel won - 9, duel lost - 5

Total Dribbles - 2, successful dribbles - 1

Total pass - 60, accurate pass - 45 = pass rate 75% 

He's had better days. He's not been 100% for a while. I'd try Shotton in the next game, personally. Apart from Forest away, he's usually done a decent job at right back. Not great at CB, mind. 

I haven't been impressed with him at all since his Ireland debut.

This is what our full strength team should be when we have a fully fit squad.

Grant

Shotton Keogh Albentosa/Buxton (depending how good Albentosa is) Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes Hendrick

Ince Martin Russell

The sooner we can get this the better.

Got to agree he's becoming a bit of a worry he gave it away alot tonight. He also isn't a very good defender and I hope Shotton gets the shirt Saturday. Dont know why shotton has lost the shirt anyway, other than Norwich at home hes been solid.

He was horrifically bad against Reading, albeit at CB, so maybe that came into his thinking. 

*new scapegoat alert*

But I'll admit - I feel more comfortable with Shotton in at RB - plus his long throws add a different element to the game. 

A shame his poorer performances tend to be really bad. Let's not forget he's only young, and this is his first season in anything higher than L1 football, and Shotton spent a season playing at the top level under a very tight Pulis reign.

Shotton is a poorer footballer than Christie. He will give the ball away a lot more and hit it long a lot more, but offers height and is less risk at getting caught forward. 

It's a difficult one. However, a player in poor form should always be dropped to give someone else a chance. 

*new scapegoat alert*

But I'll admit - I feel more comfortable with Shotton in at RB - plus his long throws add a different element to the game. 

A shame his poorer performances tend to be really bad. Let's not forget he's only young, and this is his first season in anything higher than L1 football, and Shotton spent a season playing at the top level under a very tight Pulis reign.

No, it isn't. He had a full season in the Championship with Coventry

Archived