Christie

Derbados

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, just maybe, it's worth watching the game before passing judgement?  :ph34r:

I was there.

Christie had a stinker - but his erstwhile replacement, Ryan Shotton, had a stinker last Saturday. However, Christie was not the worst Derby player on display last night - either Captain Clanger or Sir Jake deserve that accolade.

I was there.

Christie had a stinker - but his erstwhile replacement, Ryan Shotton, had a stinker last Saturday. However, Christie was not the worst Derby player on display last night - either Captain Clanger or Sir Jake deserve that accolade.

That's ridiculously harsh on Keogh who for me was the only defender to come out with credit.

Christie was terrible, and the amount if attacking momentum lost when he gets the ball is shocking.

Keogh wasn't at fault for the third goal. Omar 100%.

I was there.

Captain clanger is Jake ain't he?

That's ridiculously harsh on Keogh who for me was the only defender to come out with credit.

Christie was terrible, and the amount if attacking momentum lost when he gets the ball is shocking.

Keogh wasn't at fault for the third goal. Omar 100%.

I'm trying not to over-analyse things here, but you are probably right. Keogh wasn't that bad - just that Matt Derbyshire was a real handful. Omar's mistake was so similar to the one that Keogh made at Bournemouth - but on that occasion, the Bournemouth striker presented with the chance missed the target.

Christie was fine until his captain (and supposed) leader hammered him on the pitch a few weeks ago. #inspirational

... and your Keogh-bashing moves on to another thread. Is the premise for your dislike of this man borne out of the QPR game or as soon as it was announced he was Shackell's replacement?

I was there.

There's enough wrist slashing and doom-mongering when one of the central defenders has a mare. No wonder we've gone into meltdown if both of them had a completely off night.....

... and your Keogh-bashing moves on to another thread. Is the premise for your dislike of this man borne out of the QPR game or as soon as it was announced he was Shackell's replacement?

I didn't rate Shackell. He was capable, but lacking commitment in my opinion. Give me Jake Buxton or Darren Moore any day of the week.

As for Keogh, I just think he needs McClaren's mate Bill Beswick? the Sports Psychologist guy, to get into his head instantly.

Something is preventing Keogh from playing his best. Whether it's confidence, competence, pressure, confusion or a combination of the lot, I don't know. But for someone who quite clearly has all the attributes needed to be the best at this level, he is a total mess in my opinion.

I would definitely give someone else the captain's armband to take the distraction away from Keogh. Just let him concentrate on stopping the ball getting near our goal. Stop his pointless 30 yard dash then 10 yard blasted pass out of defence, leave that to the ball players in the team.

I have no dislike for Keogh, he annoys me, but it's not personal. I want him to be better. I want him to be composed and professional, and reliable and competent.

I didn't rate Shackell. He was capable, but lacking commitment in my opinion. Give me Jake Buxton or Darren Moore any day of the week.

As for Keogh, I just think he needs McClaren's mate Bill Beswick? the Sports Psychologist guy, to get into his head instantly.

Something is preventing Keogh from playing his best. Whether it's confidence, competence, pressure, confusion or a combination of the lot, I don't know. But for someone who quite clearly has all the attributes needed to be the best at this level, he is a total mess in my opinion.

I would definitely give someone else the captain's armband to take the distraction away from Keogh. Just let him concentrate on stopping the ball getting near our goal. Stop his pointless 30 yard dash then 10 yard blasted pass out of defence, leave that to the ball players in the team.

I have no dislike for Keogh, he annoys me, but it's not personal. I want him to be better. I want him to be composed and professional, and reliable and competent.

At this stage in the season there's no point changing captain.

it's not like cricket where they actually have something else to think about and change the tactics of the game I don't think it plays on Keogh's mind when he is out there. If Keogh was captain or not he would still shout and lament fellow players anyway and play exactly the same.

Who else could have it? No one in the whole team is nailed on for a guaranteed start except Hughes or Forsyth. Grant could but I don't see the point in a goalkeeper being a captain they can't lead from the front.

At this stage in the season there's no point changing captain.

it's not like cricket where they actually have something else to think about and change the tactics of the game I don't think it plays on Keogh's mind when he is out there. If Keogh was captain or not he would still shout and lament fellow players anyway and play exactly the same.

Who else could have it? No one in the whole team is nailed on for a guaranteed start except Hughes or Forsyth. Grant could but I don't see the point in a goalkeeper being a captain they can't lead from the front.

Keogh doesn't exactly lead either.

There's enough wrist slashing and doom-mongering when one of the central defenders has a mare. No wonder we've gone into meltdown if both of them had a completely off night.....

All I can say, sitting just a yard away from Stevie and Sam at the game, is that Steve wasn't happy and was constantly shaking his head. I am sure there will be a change or two on Saturday. The defence as a whole must share blame but even our attacking outlets gave the ball away cheaply.

Just one comedy moment for me was when the 4th official warned SM about his technical area, two minutes later and Steve was 2 yards on the pitch and didn't realise - trying to kick every ball still I guess!

Archived