Missed Opportunity

i-Ram

It's an interesting postulation - that if Derby had beaten Reading then we would have played Bradford.

Cosmic is talking some sense, but some utter dross as well. The ball numbers WERE a fixture - the winner of the tie between Derby and Reading was always going to be ball number 7 - that's because we were the 7th tie to be drawn out in the 5th round.

That's the dross bit.

What is arguable is whether, with Derby County in the draw instead of Reading, it was always going to pan out the way it did. An extra syllable or two spoken in the preamble might have meant an entirely different draw, owing to the balls being stirred slightly more or slightly less.

We will never know.

Hold my hands up to the number thing. And now also terrified a sneeze may take out half of the Western world. #conspiracy

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team put out was good enough to win.

The red card changed everything yet we were still the better team. They knew how to play against ten men though when they had the ball they switched it from side to side to tire us and eventually yakubu got his half chance which he finished brilliantly.

On a side note: yakubu is claiming to be 32... That means that when he was at Portsmouth he was my age (22) just google him at Portsmouth for how ludicrous that is!!

Not true, I didn't have a fixation with the manager that I have to watch his every move, waiting for an opportunity to pounce. It's interesting that you never post any more when we are doing well, and even when you do post it's targeted at the manager rather than the on field performances, wonder why ?

I agree warnock was naive and stupid and deserved to be sent off, and probably cost the game, although it was 0-0 at the time. I'm sure you think the same about bucko in the Chelsea game, where his sending off cost us getting back into the match?

Look forward to seeing you post again, hopefully not to soon as it will probably be the result of something like SM picking his nose on the touchline that resulted in the players following by example and bent missing a chance to score :-)

Leeds, I don't have to justify what and why I post do I?

Come on, give over, every time I post anything at all you jump on it. 

I'm just really shocked at how it's gone full circle. Those who used to dish out stick about everything have now turned into the most defensive lillie flowers ever.

I don't post often because of that. I don't post because people like you assume that I'm having a dig at the manager cos I don't like him or cos I'm trying to hold him up against Nige.

I have a dig at the manager cos I see things I disagree with. The same as you did for four and half years but much les often cos I actually think Steve is doing a fantastic job overall.

I just don't get all doey eyes and see everything he does as beyond discussion. Especially not when I think back to what the reaction was to hte last manager doing similar things.

Why do you try to change the rules just cos it's me? 

I don't hate Steve but I don't think the sun shines out of his arse either. He does make mistakes.

Leeds, I don't have to justify what and why I post do I?

Come on, give over, every time I post anything at all you jump on it. 

I'm just really shocked at how it's gone full circle. Those who used to dish out stick about everything have now turned into the most defensive lillie flowers ever.

I don't post often because of that. I don't post because people like you assume that I'm having a dig at the manager cos I don't like him or cos I'm trying to hold him up against Nige.

I have a dig at the manager cos I see things I disagree with. The same as you did for four and half years but much les often cos I actually think Steve is doing a fantastic job overall.

I just don't get all doey eyes and see everything he does as beyond discussion. Especially not when I think back to what the reaction was to hte last manager doing similar things.

Why do you try to change the rules just cos it's me? 

I don't hate Steve but I don't think the sun shines out of his arse either. He does make mistakes.

funny that eh?

I seem to remember being accused of hating someone I criticised, when truth was I wanted that someone to actually be better and not to fail.

How amusing. ;)

funny that eh?

I seem to remember being accused of hating someone I criticised, when truth was I wanted that someone to actually be better and not to fail.

How amusing. ;)

Jesus christ lads.

It's not like I'm hanging him out to dry or hounding him out. It's not like I've given him a negative nickname. It's not like I come on here after every game and destroy him. it's not like I question every single decision, tactical, formation or otherwise.

I make one comment every three months and in my opinion it's pretty justified.

By the way, I DON'T blame Steve for losing on Saturday. I just didn't like hte fact he cuddled their centre forward.

Suddenly I've got all the sensitive "Steve can do wrong" flowers in a tissy....

Give over.

I really can't believe people are this hung up over it...

Get a grip! We lost, move on... It's not that big a deal, what's the point in dwelling on it now?

Spot on Yorkshire. 

Life is full of "what if's" and it's crazy to dwell on them and speculate what may have happened.

Yes, I wanted us to win on Saturday but, I'm over it now and, as you say, it's time to move on. 

The same applies to the continued castigation of warnock by some. He messed up (not th first to have). He know's he did and has apologised (one of the first to have) so, leave the guy alone. 

Jesus christ lads.

It's not like I'm hanging him out to dry or hounding him out. It's not like I've given him a negative nickname. It's not like I come on here after every game and destroy him. it's not like I question every single decision, tactical, formation or otherwise.

By the way, I DON'T blame Steve for losing on Saturday. I just didn't like hte fact he cuddled their centre forward.

Give over.

Ronnie on the cuddlegate thing could it not just be seen as McClaren saying hello to a former player, not much different to fans standing applauding ex players back? Maybe it could have waited till after the game, maybe there was a cheeky if you score I'll slap your arse in his ear.

Just don't think it's that big of an issue, the first I heard of it was you mentioning it.

We do still have "negative" if you like fans still on here, ready to criticise Steve but even them I've not heard anything about this.

Jesus christ lads.

Give over.

Whats wrong with him doing that?. Mac is obviously a well respected and liked person in football, that is apparent when we played Chelsea twice, he has a natural rapport with managers and players alike.

:)

Archived