Missed Opportunity

i-Ram

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS there's a lot of folk on here starting to sound like those numpties up the road, thinking we'd steam-roller Bradford, then whoever we got in the semis. I'm sure Chesea thought they'd batter them, and Sunderland. There aren't any absolutes in life, let alone football. Let it go...

We tried to win after making 7 changes .

Martin injured and Ince Cup tied so that's 5 changes.

We had a player sent off and we lost end of what's the problem .

Teams lose games and we lost one .

Only one team wins the Cup.

We wouldnt have been the same ball as Reading so who know who we would of got ![/quot

So if derby had won wot number would reading have been. Your missing the point curtain

Yes. Number 7.

It hypothetical.

Derby or ready would have been the number that would have drawn Bradford.

Have u been drinking

Course we would have got Bradford. But I guess I am now beginning to see the other point of view on this debate.

If we had got through we would have been playing a physical team, on a crappy pitch, after a long coach journey, up a very dangerous highway, possibly playing for 92 or 93 minutes, at a ground with a poor safety record, who are supported by Dynamo who might put an evil spell on us. I think now on balance, it was a decent weekend. Why was I thinking I should expose our squad to such risks.

I have to agree this was a missed opportunity. There were only 3 really good teams left in and 2 of them will probably play each other. Ok we say we didn't want a replay but why not? We played virtually a reserve team against reading, and most of the game with 10 men and still were the better team. If we had got a replay, we could have played our reserve team again, only with 11 players this time and still have beaten reading without risking any of our star players.

Cosmic the draw number is based on the tie number from the last round and we or Reading were number 7

Ah okay, didn't realise. Still, we can't speculate on ifs and buts. A multitude of things could have happened. We're still having an amazing season.

Course we would have got Bradford. But I guess I am now beginning to see the other point of view on this debate.

If we had got through we would have been playing a physical team, on a crappy pitch, after a long coach journey, up a very dangerous highway, possibly playing for 92 or 93 minutes, at a ground with a poor safety record, who are supported by Dynamo who might put an evil spell on us. I think now on balance, it was a decent weekend. Why was I thinking I should expose our squad to such risks.

Bradford has a poor safety record ? Well yes but that's a bit harsh isn't it? So do Sheffield Wednesday.

Archived