Villa Fans Want Bent Back

SK47

Hey guys I'm a dcfc fans forum newbie. ( please be nice :) )

He won't go back as I've had his name and number on my Derby shirt and we haven't lost a league game since I've had it and worn it to every match w ;) I believe that there is a contract lined up already for him for when we go up.

We don't welcome people with names on the back of their shirts here...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bent's problem was with Lambert and not the club. If Bent plays well here I would expect Sherwood to offer him a new contract, likely to be a lot more than what we could offer.

If we want Bent to stay he needs a lot of love from the club, staff, players and fans and maybe, just maybe that could swing it.....as long as we go up of course

I don't think anyone's provided it earlier in the thread, so for completeness here's Aston Villa's 25 man squad for the remainder of the seaon:

Aston Villa

25 squad players (*=Home grown)
*Agbonlahor, Gabriel
Bacuna, Leandro Jones Johan
*Baker, Nathan Luke
Benteke, Christian
Cissokho, Aly
*Clark, Ciaran
*Cleverley, Thomas William
*Cole, Joseph John
*Delph, Fabian
Gil de Pareja Vicent, Carles
*Given, Shay John James
Guzan, Bradley Edwin
Hutton, Alan
Kozak, Libor
*Lowton, Matthew John
*N'Zogbia, Charles
Okore, Tetchi Jores Charlemagne U
*Richardson, Kieran Edward
Sanchez Moreno, Carlos Alberto
*Senderos, Philippe
*Sinclair, Scott Andrew
*Steer, Jed John
Vlaar, Ron Peter
*Weimann, Andreas
*Westwood, Ashley Roy

Taken from the horse's mouth: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/feb/040215-updated-premier-league-squad-lists-2014-2015.html

First, with the transfer window closed, Bent's not allowed to play for Villa this season, and that's when his contract with them ends and he's a free agent. Even if Villa stay up, there's no chance of them going back in for him again. If we reach the end of the season and we like Darren and Darren likes us, then we'd be in pole position to sign him up. That's the advantage of a loan to both parties. Villa have paid for Bent's retirement - he'll want to be somewhere he likes and where he thinks he'll play and score goals. I'd love to think that would be with us.

There's no mention of young Grealish in that squad list for Villa?

I'd try and nick him of 'em too. Talented kid.

You can play Under 21 players without naming them on the list.

There is actually a named assortment of U21 players also on the Premier League site, but I thought it would be too long to post here. If you check the page http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/feb/040215-updated-premier-league-squad-lists-2014-2015.htmlyou'll see Grealish is included.

Bent's problem was with Lambert and not the club. If Bent plays well here I would expect Sherwood to offer him a new contract, likely to be a lot more than what we could offer.

If we want Bent to stay he needs a lot of love from the club, staff, players and fans and maybe, just maybe that could swing it.....as long as we go up of course

do you really think he'd go back?

As for paying him more than we could, Villas up for sale, they ain't splashing the muller like they did, because that's why they're in this mess.

do you really think he'd go back?

As for paying him more than we could, Villas up for sale, they ain't splashing the muller like they did, because that's why they're in this mess.

Yes I do, his problem was with Lambert not Villa

Archived