What age to take the little one.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took my nephew when we he was 3, to try and convince him not to go the way of his dad and become a Man Utd fan.

It was when Jewell was manager.

He was bored witless and kept asking for kitkats and crisps.

Couldn't blame him.

He went on to support United.

Paul Jewell ruined everything!!

EVERYTHING!!

See I know it is too early but finding it hard to resist taking him. When we played chesterfield he asked where I was going so I said to Derby and he disappeared and returned with his derby hat, scarf and football. Might try him pre season n take it from there.

Heh. That must have been hard to leave behind?

He'd get bored though.

My lad famously went with me and was disinterested and also expressed favourable opinions towards Manure.

Then Clough left,

I got my son back.

I'd like to thank Sam Rush for this and I was only joking about his resemblance to minge the merciless.

Heh. That must have been hard to leave behind?

He'd get bored though.

It was. Especially when he cried when I left.

I know he'd not sit and watch for an hour let alone the full game. I was originally thinking 4 with maybe a few games here and there beforehand. He likes listening to the commentary for the away games. He's got his own little celebration when we score. He even copies me when I get angry at the radio. He even threw fireman Sam down the stairs when Chrissy missed the pen on sat. I have promised myself that we will do home and away when he's into it. Gone through the whole away day piss up phase so ready to experience it with the little one. Just need to get rid of one of the ST holders next to me over the next season or so. Maybe I should stop showering.

Force him to sit through an entire 90 minutes of a proper drab game on Sky to set his expectations very low.

Dundee v Celtic is on Saturday lunch time, that should be a good start.

Good thinking. He is a proper daddy's boy, loves playing it and will watch it on the tele so it's a start.

I went to my first game at 6 months old (my dad got corporate at the BBG and insisted my mum bring me down for like 20 mins of the game) but didn't get a season ticket til I was 6/7... At which point I was totally hooked...

There's a bunch of kids who sit just behind me who must be 9/10 who very rarely pay attention to the games and annoy the sausaging hell out of me... don't think they'd even know what the score was at the end of most games...

BUT there was also a lad who sat the other side of my dad for the forest game who must have been 8 maybe, and he obviously loved the whole thing... (which was odd)

There's two boys who sit behind me who must be 4/5 and they are totally hooked. They know all the opposition players (prob down to FIFA) and constantly ask their dad questions about the game, but not in an annoying way. I think I will try pre season and see. If he likes it maybe the odd game next year. I am cautious of annoying folk round me though. Once they've paid for their ST the last thing they want is an annoying kid kicking off through the game. Thanks guys it's appreciated.

I went to my first game at 6 months old (my dad got corporate at the BBG and insisted my mum bring me down for like 20 mins of the game) but didn't get a season ticket til I was 6/7... At which point I was totally hooked...

There's a bunch of kids who sit just behind me who must be 9/10 who very rarely pay attention to the games and annoy the sausaging hell out of me... don't think they'd even know what the score was at the end of most games...

BUT there was also a lad who sat the other side of my dad for the forest game who must have been 8 maybe, and he obviously loved the whole thing... (which was odd)

This sounds like the row behind me. One of them took to moving around most of the game, then fell onto my dad sat next to me, gave the kid a right shout. Parents did nothing.

There was also a kid a couple of rows down who, without fail, would show up with his iPad and spend most of the game on that. 

There's two boys who sit behind me who must be 4/5 and they are totally hooked. They know all the opposition players (prob down to FIFA) and constantly ask their dad questions about the game, but not in an annoying way. I think I will try pre season and see. If he likes it maybe the odd game next year. I am cautious of annoying folk round me though. Once they've paid for their ST the last thing they want is an annoying kid kicking off through the game. Thanks guys it's appreciated.

If you go in the family area, people won't be as bothered..

Took my nephew and niece to Southport game and they're 4/5 years old. They love it and am in talks with my brother and sister to see if ok to take them to match again for Reading fa cup tie... Fingers crossed!

My little one is 2 1/2 and I'm dying to get him to the games but at the same time don't want to rush it and put him off. What age did folk on here start taking their young ones?

He's already pretty good with since I was young, Steve Bloomer and bounce.

Thanks for the post. I was wondering the same about my little one.

It's a difficult one.

My grandson is just 3, shouts "Back of the net" and "Come on Derby" like a good un, loves football on the telly and is always kicking a ball around, but he's going to have to wait a bit longer. I'll probably take him to a couple of games at the end of next season before deciding whether to get him a season ticket.

Archived