INCE versus LINGARD: who gets first dibs to start?

Holy Gadzooks Bondjovi, to the RamMobile.

BobndJovi - Is it difficult to drive the RamMobile Rampage? Not really, it depends what you Eustace to.

Why does Stephen Warnock wear those  black football boots? Because his other black football boots are at the menders. Cobblers you may say, but when I was a lad we called them the menders.

nurse! Nurse! Bring the meds trolly!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be interested to compare lingards , Russell's and inces goals and assists record, say lingaards last season and ince at Blackpool with Russell this season. I think if either could match Russell I would be happy. Ibe didn't manage one assist did he tho he did get 5 goals.

I thought Dawkins had a good first half rarely lost the ball and linked up play very well but he wasn't really involved in either of the goals on Saturday. He helped Forsyth out and the only time he lost the ball, that stood out, was when he was the last man and gave them a good opportunity to cross, which thankfully didn't come to anything.

I was probably the first to say I wasn't impressed with Dawkins, I can see his worth and I know what you will get from him, I just don't think his position is LW. I like the thought if he was played CM and did everything he is currently doing, I would be more than happy with him (maybe improve his tackling) as it is his play in the box that lets him down.

I think that's a fair summary in all honesty. Dawkins is a good footballer until he reaches the box whereas that's where Ibe excelled.

Was more impressed with Ward v Cardiff, especially defensively. He played in a Russell-esque way where he tracked back and helped cover the full-back. Not a side of Ward i've ever seen before so very impressed with him. Also looked decent going forward considering he's been out of the side for a while.

I think that's a fair summary in all honesty. Dawkins is a good footballer until he reaches the box whereas that's where Ibe excelled.

Was more impressed with Ward v Cardiff, especially defensively. He played in a Russell-esque way where he tracked back and helped cover the full-back. Not a side of Ward i've ever seen before so very impressed with him. Also looked decent going forward considering he's been out of the side for a while.

I like Dawkins, and I like Ward. However, neither of them had that quality about them which seems to scare the crap out of defenders in a one-on-one situation just inside the 18 yard box. I think that's what Ibe had, he just seemed to walk straight through defences at times, although he was wildly inconsistent, but that can be attributed to his age and a certain amount of inexperience.

I reckon Ince will also have this quality - he's already well known in the game for being an excellent young player.

Either way though, I miss Johnny Russell. Quickly becoming my favourite Derby player in a long, long time.

What do you expect him to say. He just got a massive long term contract with one of the best clubs in the world, and then they loaned him to us to develop. In the interviews i watched/read he talked about helping us get promoted. Ince plays for crappy Hull, with no guarantees of any future there. Big difference. Nothing to do with PR

Grumble grumble grumble waaaahhhh

Yeh... I'm drunk...

:)

I thought Dawkins had a good first half rarely lost the ball and linked up play very well but he wasn't really involved in either of the goals on Saturday. He helped Forsyth out and the only time he lost the ball, that stood out, was when he was the last man and gave them a good opportunity to cross, which thankfully didn't come to anything.

I was probably the first to say I wasn't impressed with Dawkins, I can see his worth and I know what you will get from him, I just don't think his position is LW. I like the thought if he was played CM and did everything he is currently doing, I would be more than happy with him (maybe improve his tackling) as it is his play in the box that lets him down.

Fair enough. I can understand people not thinking he's great.

It's just the thing where we have to have a village idiot all the time that bothers me. Before Best it was Dawkins and now we're back there again.

It means other players can mess up in bigger ways than him and it's accepted. Ward can smash the ball at the nearest defender all day long and that's ok because he's running down the line while he does it. Dawkins cuts inside and finds a white shirt and everyone jeers.

He even gets accused of always losing the ball!! He has the second highest pass success rate in our entire team!!

If he ran really fast down the line and smashed it into the South Stand then he wouldn't get half as much stick

I don't know why we always have to have a **** player.

Not sure if anyone has posted this video on any of the other ince related threads so apologies if its a duplication.  But clearly Ince has the pace and skill by the looks of the video, we will have to wait and see how consistently he can show it .

The Ramsplayer interviews from these players were excellent. I was very surprised to see their attitude and desire to play for the Club. It also looked obvious that Ince is hoping to come here on a permanent transfer.

What is the difference between Sam Rush and a grinning Cheshire Cat? No, I can't tell the difference either.

He looks like an extra from Tarras Bulba in that DET picture, thought he had a ponytail at first!!

Who was it that said that he felt Ince was in with a view to a perm? Ambitious or Rampage .. don't recall which ... if that's truly the case, with Lingard being a definite temporary, one would imagine Ince would be slightly higher on the pecking order.

If Man U want to keep lingard but hull want to get rid of ince why would that make ince higher up the pecking order? Would cam be an option for lingard giving Hendrick and Bryso a kick up the jack see

If Man U want to keep lingard but hull want to get rid of ince why would that make ince higher up the pecking order? Would cam be an option for lingard giving Hendrick and Bryso a kick up the jack see

Assuming they perform equally in training etc, and Mac has to make a cold call on which one to play: 1) Ince may be in our long term plans, while Lingard isn't, therefore you try to get Ince the most playing time so he can settle and flourish not just for this season, but beyond. but 2) Lingard is more of the 'hot hand', probably buzzing from LVG's long term commitment to him, who wants to prove he belongs in the Man U first team. Only an injury took him out of the Man U first team, so he may have more confidence/mpact in the short term, so you go with him.

Ince may need to re-establish his confidence, whereas Lingard may have a lot of that right now. Both will come good, but all things considered, I think Lingard holds the edge of coming into the ineup first. As to the CAM thing, Lingard certainly has the background to play there and its an option, but I don't think he's going to be asked to play there.

As lingard is primarily a left winger and Ince right sided , there is no reason why they cant both play, though i think wardy will start.

I think you have this back to front Bwash. I was listening to an expert Blackpool fella on Radio Derby - it was on Bloomfield's show, and he was saying that Ince was primarily left footed and had most success at Blackpool on the left wing. He also said that he didn't mind playing right wing where he could cut inside with the left. And everything i've seen on Lingard, he's been right side.

Archived