Quote from Bournemouth forum

StringerBell

Think it's just normal for promotion rivals to scan over the enemies' forums and check out the latest gossip.

It's very reminiscent of our season under Billy Davies when we were locked in a three-way battle with Sunderland and Birmingham. The top three this season all have claim to be the best team in the league in fairness.

Bournemouth are top and on an amazing run.

Derby have been the most consistent winners. By that, I mean when we win games, we've done so more comfortably than Bournemouth on a consistent basis. Thier GD is massively skewed by three games (Brum, Blackpool and Huddersfield) where from those three games have a +17 GD. 

Boro have the best defence in the league, they've lost the least amount, on the longest unbeaten run and they beat Manchester City in the FA Cup. Chances are they will be top on Tuesday!

Boro will be top if we draw with Bournemouth, in fact we will most likely be third unless we beat bournemouth. Amazing really considering the run we've had.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just by a little. In real time he looked a good 3 yards off, confirmed in slow motion. Not a hard decision - what was the lino playing at? Coupled with the 28 second sending off, rescinded retrospectively, against Watford. Having been gifted those games by the officials, surely it's time for their luck to run out?

They did have a stonewall penalty turned down though.

Half a shandy and fishcake and chips

Assume you got pensioner discount?

I really must disagree with this. Football isn't all about sitting on a settee watching it in TV or laptop. It's about being there, it's about the live spectacle of watching your home-town team, through good times and bad, and Derby as a club have a strong core of supporters who stick with the club through the ups and the downs which makes the present so much sweeter!

So yes we can slag off clubs who attract poor attendances, like Boro, who were getting decent crowds when they were Prem.

Random strangers as a collective unit create a supporter base and without that football is nothing, it's not just a TV soap opera.

Agree with part of this but sometimes it's not your home town club. As a Rams fan for over 40 years, I have never lived closer to Derby than 65 miles and for the most part well over 100 miles (as now). Sometimes, we can only support from afar but when we get the chance to roar them on in person, we certainly get stuck in.

"Blimey, some of those Derby fans are a bit full of it ain't they. It's only February and some are getting worked up into a right lather. Are they beginning to crack already.??? Whatever the score is on Tuesday it is still game on with so many games to go. I do hope we take Boro with us to the PL though, their fans seem a bit less self important than Derbys and along with us they play the best football."

Made me giggle

They did have a stonewall penalty turned down though.

Maybe, but it's the first incredibly poor decision that completely transforms the game and makes what happens after redundant. Just like the first-minute sending off. I know officials have a tough time of it, but the flick wasn't slight - it was clear for everyone (except the linesman) to see and you do not send someone off early into the first minute of a game unless you're really certain they have to go. That was a mind-boggling error of judgement. it's so frustrating when shockingly bad decisions have a drastic impact on the result (Atwell?) - like the ref on a mission to send Chris Martin off as quickly as possible in the Burnley game last season, whatever the evidence of his own eyes.

People who know nothing about football said it didn't matter about not giving Lampard's "goal" against Germany in the South African world Cup because the Germans won the match 4-1, but all the momentum was with England at that point, and I expect we'd have gone on to win the game had the right decision been given.

Boro will be top if we draw with Bournemouth, in fact we will most likely be third unless we beat bournemouth. Amazing really considering the run we've had.

From the last 10 league games Boro are top on form, Bournemouth 2nd and us 3rd... (source, BBC)

All good fun forums... I'm sure if everyone ever met in person from other teams forums it would be all nice and polite with worthwhile laughter etc...

Pinch of salt etc etc... All good fun... :)

Not just by a little. In real time he looked a good 3 yards off, confirmed in slow motion. Not a hard decision - what was the lino playing at? Coupled with the 28 second sending off, rescinded retrospectively, against Watford. Having been gifted those games by the officials, surely it's time for their luck to run out?

Yes it was probably just offside but later in the game Wilson was pulled to the floor by a Wigan defender using both hands in the penalty area, stonewaller turned down. I wouldn't buy into the mentality of the WWA (Wolves & Watford Alliance) too much. They have appeared to go way over the top in insulting our club, players and manager because of two bad refereeing decisions. Of the two Wolves players sent off against us at Molineux one red was rescinded one was upheld so 50% of the manic protests of players, fans and chairman are unjustified. Watford fans hace been apoplectic regarding the clearly incorrect sending off. TBH at the time I was concerned the ref wouldn't even give a yellow as it was only 26 secs into the game so yes I was also amazed at the decision. You won't hear the WWA talking about our good goal disallowed at Rotherham, our good goal disallowed at Leeds which cost us a point or the particularly ridiculous over the top, potentially career ending tackle by Pudil on O'Kane, in the Watford-AFCB game that has put one of our important squad players out for 6 weeks. The fact is we don't have any more good or bad luck than Watford or Derby or anyone else. It's just a few delusional fans dreaming up bizarre conspiracy theories.

On to the main event tomorrow's game. Certainly won't be anything like a disaster for either team should they loose. As we have lost all three games against the Rams since our return to this division I am quite concerned and would definetely take a draw.  I don't think we are where we are at this stage of the season by good luck. We have proved ourselves with some good results eg draws at Norwich and Middlesbrough. I have maintained all season that Derby are favourites for the championship however we have managed to keep with yourselves and Middlesbrough so far but if we did fall away I would not be surprised but I would also not be surprised if we continue to annoy some fans of mid-table big clubs in the championship just by having the nerve and temerity to remain in the top two. To the 1400 Rams fans journeying down to Dorset enjoy the game and I am sure you will make a big contribution in creating a great atmosphere.

Good post.

Although can't really say anything against Watford fans. They've always been sound with us. And they did have a man wrongly sent off in the first minute. That killed the game for them and they have every right to complain. We've got a good record v Watford and they have never disputed any of our wins or tried to lay blame at a referee

Wolves have always been mardy whinging buggers.

A need to finish in top 2, preferably top by a margin. Whichever of Bournemouth, Derby or Boro finish 3rd, will get stuck playing Norwich who are a very very good side, perhaps the best we've played this year. 57% possession and 17 - 6 shots for them when they played us at the ipro. 

The fact is we don't have any more good or bad luck than Watford or Derby or anyone else. It's just a few delusional fans dreaming up bizarre conspiracy theories.

Sorry buddy but this is completely untrue. You have had far more good luck than not this season. You harp back to that Leeds game, you had a penalty which wasn't.

Bournemouth have had played against a team who has been down to ten men eight times this season, and you have had more penalties than any other side in the league.

I'm sorry, but that is luck.

But, there is no conspiracy to it. Just coincidental luck which could help you get promoted. Your penalties may have been completely just, but that's part of the luck in that the opposition has completely imploded and gifted you the game.

Derby fans won't complain about this, well not me especially, because we had loads of luck regarding penalties/red cards last season where our opposition were so stupid they just gifted us the three points.

One game in particular againast Huddersfield was an absolute joke. We were drawing 1-1 when they got a man stupidly sent off for two yellows in the first-half. In the 2nd half their GK scored an own goal (tried to catch a cross and dropped in his net) and not long after they booted Will Hughes in the area, penalty and another sending off. 3-1 vs 9 men after 60 mins!

Strangely enough this season we haven't had anywhere near the amount of fortunate decisions. I think your red card at the Ipro is the only time we've faced 10 men this season. And we've been down to 10 men three times (I think).

Just restating, you have been lucky in some aspects that you cannot expect so many red cards against you in one season to happen on a regular basis. I bet Jose Mourinho would be drumming it up in the press over and over if Man City played against 10 men once every four matches.

But no qualms from us. Good luck, still think you guys will win the league. Very consistent against rubbish clubs.

I'd have to disagree to a point Bris. You do need luck in the sense that the ref spots certain things, but you have to make your own by applying pressure to force the opposition into silly challenges.

In the example you gave regarding Huddersfield last season I remember one of those yellows was for time wasting. Huddersfield were so worried about us that they attempted to waste time from the first minute and I believe they actually had two players booked for time wasting in the first half. I'm willing to wager that, the terrible Watford decision aside, the majority of the red cards their opponents have got are due to Bournemouth applying pressure, keeping possession and forcing their opponents into mistakes or desperate challenges.

On to the main event tomorrow's game. Certainly won't be anything like a disaster for either team should they loose. As we have lost all three games against the Rams since our return to this division I am quite concerned and would definetely take a draw.  I don't think we are where we are at this stage of the season by good luck. We have proved ourselves with some good results eg draws at Norwich and Middlesbrough. I have maintained all season that Derby are favourites for the championship however we have managed to keep with yourselves and Middlesbrough so far but if we did fall away I would not be surprised but I would also not be surprised if we continue to annoy some fans of mid-table big clubs in the championship just by having the nerve and temerity to remain in the top two. To the 1400 Rams fans journeying down to Dorset enjoy the game and I am sure you will make a big contribution in creating a great atmosphere.

Pretty sure we all think we're the two sides in the league who play the most "football" and are deservedly at the top. It should be an excellent match with both sides confident,.I do believe the feel-good factor at Derby is higher than at any stage of the season and the team will be determined to give a very good account of themselves. Because the form of the teams at the top has been consistently good for so long, I'm convinced we're down to a three-horse race. Fans of the teams below who have decent runs are complaining they've still not made up any ground.

We have to expect Boro to win, so if either side loses tomorrow they're playing catchup, us doubly so unless Bournemouth slip up at the weekend. So I'd take a draw now to remain firmly in contention. Defeat means having to run three or four games in a row just to get level again, and the games will soon start to run out. Our advantage is we were also in this position last season, when we did badly against the teams around us and that ultimately cost us promotion. But our boys are fast learners and this season we have a far better record against the other contenders and comfortably top the table against "top half" teams, while leaders Bournemouth are down in 5th.

Sorry buddy but this is completely untrue. You have had far more good luck than not this season. You harp back to that Leeds game, you had a penalty which wasn't.

Bournemouth have had played against a team who has been down to ten men eight times this season, and you have had more penalties than any other side in the league.

I'm sorry, but that is luck.

But, there is no conspiracy to it. Just coincidental luck which could help you get promoted. Your penalties may have been completely just, but that's part of the luck in that the opposition has completely imploded and gifted you the game.

Derby fans won't complain about this, well not me especially, because we had loads of luck regarding penalties/red cards last season where our opposition were so stupid they just gifted us the three points.

One game in particular againast Huddersfield was an absolute joke. We were drawing 1-1 when they got a man stupidly sent off for two yellows in the first-half. In the 2nd half their GK scored an own goal (tried to catch a cross and dropped in his net) and not long after they booted Will Hughes in the area, penalty and another sending off. 3-1 vs 9 men after 60 mins!

Strangely enough this season we haven't had anywhere near the amount of fortunate decisions. I think your red card at the Ipro is the only time we've faced 10 men this season. And we've been down to 10 men three times (I think).

Just restating, you have been lucky in some aspects that you cannot expect so many red cards against you in one season to happen on a regular basis. I bet Jose Mourinho would be drumming it up in the press over and over if Man City played against 10 men once every four matches.

But no qualms from us. Good luck, still think you guys will win the league. Very consistent against rubbish clubs.

True re: the Leeds penalty but all I would say regarding that is we missed it so justice was served unlike our disallowed goal in that particular game. You suggest it is good luck but do you not slightly contradict yourself with your Huddersfield example. Were you lucky or was it just poor decision making by players in a Huddersfield team, that is inferior team to Derby, when put under pressure? Yes we have had 10 pens and Middlesbrough have had 8. Is it luck that the top teams get the most pens? Both us and Middlesbrough attack with pace and we all know pace kills teams and makes defenders make rash tackles. The top teams win the most games, score the most goals and get the most pens, that's logical isn't it? Bit harsh with the consistent against rubbish clubs? I would suggest we have been consistent against the other clubs in the top six too. In 6 games we have won two, drawn three and lost one. I am sure you know which one we lost!!

True re: the Leeds penalty but all I would say regarding that is we missed it so justice was served unlike our disallowed goal in that particular game. You suggest it is good luck but do you not slightly contradict yourself with your Huddersfield example. Were you lucky or was it just poor decision making by players in a Huddersfield team, that is inferior team to Derby, when put under pressure? Yes we have had 10 pens and Middlesbrough have had 8. Is it luck that the top teams get the most pens? Both us and Middlesbrough attack with pace and we all know pace kills teams and makes defenders make rash tackles. The top teams win the most games, score the most goals and get the most pens, that's logical isn't it? Bit harsh with the consistent against rubbish clubs? I would suggest we have been consistent against the other clubs in the top six too. In 6 games we have won two, drawn three and lost one. I am sure you know which one we lost!!

Don't get me wrong, the better teams will always likely have more penalties than teams that spend most of the game defending.

But you would not expect this to happen every few weeks. I've seen Derby reach the top six in the 2nd tier five times in my lifetime, but last season we certainly had more fortunate decisions (scenarios) than any other.

Don't take it as a jibe or anything, because it isn't. But you have been fortunate in that you have played against a number of teams who have imploded (giften penalties, getting men sent off.)

If it was a case of 'It's normal because we dominate teams' - While I don't dispute you do dominate teams, so do Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona (far more than Bournemouth) and not one of those clubs has had as many penalties or red cards to the opposition as you guys.

Also it wasn't a jibe against the rubbish clubs - it was a compliment. I think you have been far more consistent against teams from 9th downwards than any other in the league - especially after the first ten games of the season.

We've dropped disappointing points this season. Draw and a loss vs Forest, losses against Leeds, Charlton and Wigan, home draws against a rubbish Millwall and Cardiff side.

Everytime I see you guys up against teams below 9th, whether it's home or away I just expect you to win.

Archived