No excuses now!...

North_Stand_Ram

Okay lets not get too arrogant.

It's threads like these that will make us look silly in a few months time.

JW, notts_ram has hacked your account again.

:p

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank-you. Someone actually realising it was a question not a statement

You posed a question and followed it with a statement which implied that the squad was certainly stronger than at least 22 other teams in the Championship, so it's easy to see why your question is being misinterpreted.

That's an exceptionally good trolling technique, even if unintentional.

Newcastle as Daveo said.

Reading couple seasons earlier wasn't that bad either, was it? Played some wonderful stuff eventho the name list wasn't as great. Hardly lost any games... Remember us getting battered by them in process.

Football is played on grass not on paper. Our squad looks fantastic, would have been even better if we had got them all here by last august. They need to perform more or less straight away to be much good. There are only 18 games left and we cannot make excuses for new players while they take six game to settle in. Training sessions are the key. If you are not playing better than your colleagues then you are not playing. the effort that Warnock put in for the U21s was incredible. He knows that he has to do his very best, make no mistakes and wait for his chance, then take it. Fozzy does not get injured  so he has got it all on. 

We are starting to sound like Forest fans.

Ha. You're right BR, We are aren't we!

Football is played on grass not on paper. Our squad looks fantastic, would have been even better if we had got them all here by last august. They need to perform more or less straight away to be much good. There are only 18 games left and we cannot make excuses for new players while they take six game to settle in. Training sessions are the key. If you are not playing better than your colleagues then you are not playing. the effort that Warnock put in for the U21s was incredible. He knows that he has to do his very best, make no mistakes and wait for his chance, then take it. Fozzy does not get injured  so he has got it all on. 

Quality post, Rampage. Spot on. I would add how important it is for McClaren to get the selections right, while at the same time getting some match consistency in those selections. The temptation to chop and change too much may hinder that settling in process you describe.  

I knew this kind of thing would happen. It was all over twitter as well, people essentially saying we'd won the league already.  I'm not getting carried away about either Lingard or Ince until they've had a few good games for us.  Just because Ince was good for Blackpool doesn't mean he'll be amazing for us.  If he was as good as some are making him out to be he'd still be at Hull (who are in a relegation fight and need all the goalscorers they can get).

As for Lingard I don't recall him setting fire to the division at Brighton or Birmingham, apart from that one game where hes scored 4.  So let's all just calm down and not make ourselves look stupid.

We're just TOO good to go up... that's the problem... also our squad is just too nice... none of them want to humiliate fellow professionals with how much better we are...

I actually worry that the second point is true... we do tend to ease off on teams rather than give them a proper pounding... Brighton this season, Wolves, Forest last season...

Archived