No excuses now!...

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best in champ history?!? Absolutely deluded! Nothing is won off the pitch! These signings need to gel and don't have the tight knitted attitude of a "burnley" last season, or a "bournmouth" this season! All being said this is an extremely positive time for us! So let's fill the ipro every week! Uuuuuuu Rams!!!!!

Is our squad one of the best in championship history? We really have no excuses if we don't go up.

No. This is quite possibly the most pretentious thread I have ever seen.

We don't even have the strongest current squad in the Championship. 

What has given Derby the edge is that most of the players have been playing together for some time coupled with good management.

We have to be careful to make sure these new signings don't have a detrimental effect on the fragile chemistry of this side.

i am ecstatic but I don't like the tone of this thread. It assumes that we've won it already or something, or that if we don't someone screwed up. The analogy here is a builder and new tools. McClaren has a job to do, and he's been given some fresh tools to build with. It will be exciting to see what he can do now. We didn't get Coutinho, Sterling or Gareth Bale, we got some real potential stars but if they were proven AND performing fantastically currently, they wouldn't be here. Much work to do! COYR

IMO Watford have the best squad in the division.

They're just struggling because they haven't had time to gel. I reckon they are sure-fire favourites to get promoted next season if they keep it all together - And they don't go up this year.

We've brought in some cracking Championship players, and we have little weaknesses.

But comon. Lets get realistic. 

Also regards not going up.

Harsh to say we have no excuses. If two more teams get over 90 points then we can't really say anything other than congratulations to said team.

And the playoffs are a lottery. Especially with strong teams like Watford and Norwich going for it.

Best in champ history?!? Absolutely deluded! Nothing is won off the pitch! These signings need to gel and don't have the tight knitted attitude of a "burnley" last season, or a "bournmouth" this season! All being said this is an extremely positive time for us! So let's fill the ipro every week! Uuuuuuu Rams!!!!!

Erm??? Where did I say we had the best in history... Please reread - ta

It's the best in the division, I don't think anyone will argue that. As said, we need it to work, though. 

We haven't really messed with the spine of the team, okay, Martin now has competition but we've strengthened in positions where there its generally accepted there will be competition. 

The cream rises to the top and as long as the team has real ability then it will show regardless of how many people are vying for the shirt. McClaren has shown he won't change things for changes sake.

It's exciting because the board have done all that you can ask of them. Normally managers do their best with the restraints that have been enforced on them. The board have done everything to give McClaren the opportunity to get promotion. As far as the demands on the board are concerned, we can't ask for more. 

Translating on to the pitch is different, but they have been given every opportunity. 

Archived