Who's going to Bournemouth and Rotherham

B4ev6is

Me and the missus will be at Rotherham, tickets purchased this morning. Details of my signing session will be announced in due course

You're going to away game ? SHOCKED

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on that cross country special from deepest Hants....usually get a lot of well wishing from the folk around Brizzle before it all goes tits up on t'other side of the Severn Tunnel....

not seen us win in Cardiff....

Haha Brizzle hate Cardiff a lot. And hopefully we will see us win there on Saturday this time.. We ended poor record at Brum/Blackburn/Bolton so Cardiff got to be next and they're not so great to be honest. Hope you enjoy the day :)

Remember that one 1984 ?.

It was like world war 3 on the terraces and in the stands that day .

And we lost ,Cox`s first season

That was the one !  Not for the faint hearted !!  Amuses me watching round 1 FA Cup on BBC nowadays, that game would have been chosen for TV as we were only 9 years past winning the league .......and in 1984 dumped in FA cup first round .........

To make it worse my local non league team were still in FA Cup and we were out, then Arthur tried to sign VS Rugby's right back .......and the full back declined to join us !!!!!  Unbelievable the piss take I had to contend with at school :-(

That was the one !  Not for the faint hearted !!  Amuses me watching round 1 FA Cup on BBC nowadays, that game would have been chosen for TV as we were only 9 years past winning the league .......and in 1984 dumped in FA cup first round .........

To make it worse my local non league team were still in FA Cup and we were out, then Arthur tried to sign VS Rugby's right back .......and the full back declined to join us !!!!!  Unbelievable the piss take I had to contend with at school :-(

Seem to think Newcastle utd were playing at home the following day (Sun on TV )so they had arranged a punch up with the Derby lads and it went off all around the ground apart form the old stand where the dug outs were.

(Off work today SNOW) So just looked up our team from that day.

Eric Steele.

Charlie Palmer        Steve Buckley

Paul Richardson   Steve Powell   Kenny Burns   Floyd Streete  

Steve Biggins      Bobby Davison   Paul Hooks   John Robertson 

Sub Richard Pratley.

Not necessarily in that formation

I'm on that cross country special from deepest Hants....usually get a lot of well wishing from the folk around Brizzle before it all goes tits up on t'other side of the Severn Tunnel....

not seen us win in Cardiff....

Not been to the new ground,so it`s a new one for me on Saturday been to Ninian Park a few times before though..

Whats a good pub near train station any ideas ?

Not been to the new ground,so it`s a new one for me on Saturday been to Ninian Park a few times before though..

Whats a good pub near train station any ideas ?

I tend to be quite dull and hang around on that main-ish drag that goes directly away from the railway station - St Mary St i think it is.

there's the Great Western more or less opposite the train station which is a grand old bar with plenty of lagers and local beers then the usual chains. Main advantage is the Cardiff lot tend to go in slightly different direction to go to ground.

Seem to think Newcastle utd were playing at home the following day (Sun on TV )so they had arranged a punch up with the Derby lads and it went off all around the ground apart form the old stand where the dug outs were.

(Off work today SNOW) So just looked up our team from that day.

Eric Steele.

Charlie Palmer        Steve Buckley

Paul Richardson   Steve Powell   Kenny Burns   Floyd Streete  

Steve Biggins      Bobby Davison   Paul Hooks   John Robertson 

Sub Richard Pratley.

Not necessarily in that formation

Memory plays tricks doesn't it. I was in attendance much much more during the 80's (far less plastic), and I had forgotten about Floyd Streete, and in truth whilst it rings some kind of bell who the **** was Steve Biggins? Not entirely happy days, but there were a good few occasions where I went home thinking Bobby Davison was a football genius, and then came Deano, Deano, Deano!

On the Bournemouth front, I have a family room  at a Travelodge in Christchuch (5 miles away, nice place) booked for 3 nights at21 a night which I don't need now. I am going to cancel, but before I do, does anyone want any of the 3 nights (Sun, Mon and Tues) 

Memory plays tricks doesn't it. I was in attendance much much more during the 80's (far less plastic), and I had forgotten about Floyd Streete, and in truth whilst it rings some kind of bell who the **** was Steve Biggins? Not entirely happy days, but there were a good few occasions where I went home thinking Bobby Davison was a football genius, and then came Deano, Deano, Deano!

I seem to recall Floyd was a bit of a well-built feller. Sort of poor mans, early doors Darren Moore. Charlie Palmer I recall as being wiry but a bit hopeless. And in early 84 weren't we playing with MacFarland and Dave Watson at centre half still as well as the has-beens in that line-up. Our average age must have been nudging 40.....

What days.

Archived