Johhny Russell to Bournemouth

SweetMeats

I didn't ever actually mention you did I? But funnily enough you respond as if you know you're one of the culprits I refer to....

Grow up DEL.

Charming boy. :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was more than a rumour in August though, they were interested and they had two bids rejected. So it makes sense that they might be after him again now. 

I know but there's been no evidence of it though. The source the OP has is a suggestion from an AFC Bournemouth fan on Twitter (who by reading his bio also supports Spurs...) saying they'll sign Dem Gray, Mings AND Russell.

Just nonsense.

Chaps, it's the transfer window. The whole web/twitter thing is awash with stuff about players going here there and everywhere. However when I read the Russell stuff, that seemed plausible, because of the interest earlier in the season.

Currently, Howe seems to want a striker (been seen in talks with Grabban) possibly a left-back (Ian Harte getting on a bit) and a winger (cover if Ritchie goes to Sunderland)

Chuck in the success of Fraser since he joined and the fact that Howe's brother - Steve Lovell -spent an awful long time playing Scottish Premier League, then it's no surprise that AFCB are looking at and have a knowledge of Scots players.

Yes I know. However since the frenzy over the signing of Matt Ritchie a couple of seasons ago (which helped us over the line to win promotion) from L1, nobody believed it then, yet it happened and as AFCB have money to spend now, no rumour[sic] gets laughed at the way we used to.

This one does, but I respect your optimism. I've done the same thing when combining some twitter talk with a healthy dose of hubris.

I would wish you the best of luck for the rest of your season but atm the best I can muster is to say I hope you finish second after us. 

Archived