Johhny Russell to Bournemouth

SweetMeats

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFCB fan in peace. I see there's a bit of Twitter talk that JR is unhappy at DCFC and Bournemouth might be in for him. Any truth in this? I thought he looked good earlier this season.

Unfortunately not mate, Johnny is in his best form in a Derby shirt and the board would never accept a bid even if he did want to leave.

At the start of the season there was talk of Matt Ritchie coming to Derby and Russell going to Bournemouth but I think both clubs wanted to buy but not sell. 

Not this again... 

You come in for Russell, we go in for Ritchie... Nothing happens and we both get on with our season. 

For what it's worth, I would say Russell has been within our top five players (at least) this season. It would take eye-watering money to sign him, especially as we don't have much cover as Ibe's gone. 

Yes I know. However since the frenzy over the signing of Matt Ritchie a couple of seasons ago (which helped us over the line to win promotion) from L1, nobody believed it then, yet it happened and as AFCB have money to spend now, no rumour gets laughed at the way we used to.

Johnny isn't unhappy at all. If he is then he's in the wrong business because he'd be a better actor.

He was prepared to wait his chance and understood to make our team you need to be playing well, and when he got his chance to start consecutively due to injury he's grabbed it and been arguably our most consistent and best player this season. There would be no reason or no chance he would be asking to leave for a club like Bournemouth. No offence.

And with regards to "a bit of Twitter talk" - it's literally just two idiots having a conversation about who Bournemouth are going to sign.

Apparently they're signing Demarai Gray, Mings and Russell. It's old news that never materialised because Bmouth supposedly acquired at the end of the window and we politely told them to do one by asking for a player in return that we knew they wouldn't offer as a swap.

Considering youve had over 3m rejected for Demari Gray, I'd want at least 105m for Johnny. Scottish international, January market and all that

Fixed. ;)

Archived