Johhny Russell to Bournemouth

SweetMeats

Well, I suppose Russell is worth more now but Gray perhaps has more potential? Clearly Howe has decided he's going to add a winger, given the stuff about Gray but he's also looking for another striker (Kermogant is getting on a bit and Pitman probably won't cut it in the Prem) so Russell might well fit the bill.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I know. However since the frenzy over the signing of Matt Ritchie a couple of seasons ago (which helped us over the line to win promotion) from L1, nobody believed it then, yet it happened and as AFCB have money to spend now, no rumour gets laughed at the way we used to.

Have you got new investors or....?

You're all so rude. Embarrassing. Fans of other clubs shouldn't be met with aggression when they come to our forum....

I doubt we'll be selling Russell. In the summer Derby made the enquiry for Ritchie to wind up AFCB after they bid for JR. A kind of "you step on our patch, we'll fight you back". We were worried your bid would start a bidding war, so we gave a bit back to show our teeth a bit and bite back.

But since Ibe was recalled, we're already shopping for a winger, we don't fancy shopping for two thanks. We don't need to sell when promotion is at stake, not worth it. Definitely not unsettled either. Just rumours I'm sure, don't believe a word of it. We wouldn't sell Russell anymore than you'd sell your top players. Both sides are at the right end of the table, so why would we sell? Promotion is worth so much more, it's not worth the risk to the squad.

You're all so rude. Embarrassing. Fans of other clubs shouldn't be met with aggression when they come to our forum....

I doubt we'll be selling Russell. In the summer Derby made the enquiry for Ritchie to wind up AFCB after they bid for JR. A kind of "you step on our patch, we'll fight you back". We were worried your bid would start a bidding war, so we gave a bit back to show our teeth a bit and bite back.

But since Ibe was recalled, we're already shopping for a winger, we don't fancy shopping for two thanks. We don't need to sell when promotion is at stake, not worth it. Definitely not unsettled either. Just rumours I'm sure, don't believe a word of it. We wouldn't sell Russell anymore than you'd sell your top players. Both sides are at the right end of the table, so why would we sell? Promotion is worth so much more, it's not worth the risk to the squad.

Who's been rude? If he comes on here spouting **** then he's obviously going to be told so. This is a rumour from August that never happened, and if you search Johnny Russell on Twitter there's not more than a few tweets regarding Bournemouth.

Go home you're drunk. Bananas

The only way Johnny Russell would leave the Rams and go to one of our rivals this season would be if one of their owners had kidnapped one of our owners nearest and dearest and the police were keeping all details out of the press.

Either that or they are paying Derby more than we would earn by gaining promotion.

Neither of these scenarios seems likely so I can only presume that this is another of those totally groundless and ludicrous rumours.

Especially given his form in the first half on black Saturday!

Who's been rude? If he comes on here spouting **** then he's obviously going to be told so. This is a rumour from August that never happened, and if you search Johnny Russell on Twitter there's not more than a few tweets regarding Bournemouth.

It was more than a rumour in August though, they were interested and they had two bids rejected. So it makes sense that they might be after him again now. 

We didn't want to sell Grabban last year but he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave to go to Norwich. Grabban's agent pushed that through. If Russell has a clause in his contract, who's to say his agent wouldn't be hawking him around? Money talks for those guys.

Archived