Dawkins

RAMalicious

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll never be popular because his way of contributing isn't running fast past people and then putting a cross into row V or to the covering CB.

He prefers to play neat one twos into feet on the edge of the area. He leaves huge space for Forsyth who he sets up for crosses, he feeds midfielders so they're facing up defenders just 20 yards out, he plays in and off Martin taking whoever goes near Martin out the game.

What Dawkins needs is to work on his shooting. Because when it's him in these positions he doesn't do enough.

I don't know why people insist that a proper winger should run really fast down the wing.

Seriously think Iniesta would get booed here if he played LW.

And all this "assist" stuff.

I remember having the debate about Ben Davies. He had plenty of assists but I was arguing he wasn't creative. To me he wasn't. You can get an assist from getting the ball smashed off your backside or like Ben Davies, miscontrol. Two of his assists were miscontrol.

I asked if Yaya or Modric would be considered creative. They had about 9 assists between them. Iniesta had 4. Ben Davies had more than all of them.

Interesting when jr and Hendrick were asked who was the must skillful player and they both quickly answered "Dawkins" saying he turns defenders inside and out

Very rarely say that Dawkins going onto the pitch would benefit Derby but on Saturday he probably would have done in the second half.

He probably is skilful but never does it in the area of the pitch to hurt the opposition. That's why I won't agree with Alpha because we don't look like scoring as much when he is on the pitch.

Very rarely say that Dawkins going onto the pitch would benefit Derby but on Saturday he probably would have done in the second half.

He probably is skilful but never does it in the area of the pitch to hurt the opposition. That's why I won't agree with Alpha because we don't look like scoring as much when he is on the pitch.

Didn't we score 5 goals three times this season? With Dawkins on the pitch everytime.

Didn't we score 5 goals three times this season? With Dawkins on the pitch everytime.

No sub for one of them.

But wouldn't it be nice to win a tough game one nil with a magical bit of skill where he takes the scruff of the game by himself.

I.e what Martin, Bryson, Russell, even Ward has done so many times.

I just feel if he is on the pitch in a close game, I'll be looking at so,some else to delivery the killer blow.

No sub for one of them.

But wouldn't it be nice to win a tough game one nil with a magical bit of skill where he takes the scruff of the game by himself.

I.e what Martin, Bryson, Russell, even Ward has done so many times.

I just feel if he is on the pitch in a close game, I'll be looking at so,some else to delivery the killer blow.

What game was he sub for? The Fulham home one? Him and Hughes came on with ten minutes remaining and ripped them a new one.

It really depends what way the game is going for me.

For example, I maintain that McClaren's biggest mistake while being coach here was the playoff final. Why he brought Dawkins on with 25 minutes remaining instead of Bamford I have no idea.

Possession wasn't key in that game, as it was 11 vs 10. We needed a genuine goal threat, which Bamford was and Dawkins isn't as such.

But Dawks does so much of the team but he's often overlooked because he's not a Zaha or Ibe type of player.

English fans in general love pace and power, and snub their noses at technical brilliance and the tactical side of the game. Shameful really.

When we played Blackburn away Dawks was excellent, kept the ball moving at speed and contributed greatly to our equaliser despite not getting any reward for it - in fact Bryson got an assist for a mis-hit shot which landed perfectly for Ward.

I love the guy, think he's a wonderful player but would love to see him in a more central role especially when in need of composure and not headless chickens like at the weekend.

What game was he sub for? The Fulham home one? Him and Hughes came on with ten minutes remaining and ripped them a new one.

It really depends what way the game is going for me.

For example, I maintain that McClaren's biggest mistake while being coach here was the playoff final. Why he brought Dawkins on with 25 minutes remaining instead of Bamford I have no idea.

Possession wasn't key in that game, as it was 11 vs 10. We needed a genuine goal threat, which Bamford was and Dawkins isn't as such.

But Dawks does so much of the team but he's often overlooked because he's not a Zaha or Ibe type of player.

English fans in general love pace and power, and snub their noses at technical brilliance and the tactical side of the game. Shameful really.

When we played Blackburn away Dawks was excellent, kept the ball moving at speed and contributed greatly to our equaliser despite not getting any reward for it - in fact Bryson got an assist for a mis-hit shot which landed perfectly for Ward.

I love the guy, think he's a wonderful player but would love to see him in a more central role especially when in need of composure and not headless chickens like at the weekend.

Good points Bris. Doesn't change my opinion but it's a sensible post. Wembley I agree with, but more for taking Russell off than bringing Dawks on but that's in the past. Our system for me relies heavily on the wingers. Got to get production out of them. Yeah sure the midfield is the heartbeat and Martin is the brain but the wingers are the arms and they generate so much for us. When Bent came on this past Saturday, he wasn't really sure where to go and the team looked out of shape (ignoring how bad we were second half). So I just want wingers whose sole job is run at the opposition, take them on, cross the ball, shoot, score, assist etc our midfield in large isn't doing that this year, Martin is doing more than his fair share so it's the turn of the wingers to step up and really contribute. One league goal and one league assist doesn't do it for me. Neat tidy play comes from Will Hughes. I also think he is very lazy and doesn't really read the game at all. Still, each to our own but really see him becoming a fringe player over time.

I asked if Yaya or Modric would be considered creative. They had about 9 assists between them. Iniesta had 4. Ben Davies had more than all of them.

You need to look no further than our current number 19 for another example of this. He doesn't get many assists but the number of times he assists the assist is unreal.

Wouldn't mind Dawkins coming back in against Blackburn, we need someone to help slow things down and retain possession in the attacking half. We seemed to try to do far too much at 100 mph (apart from closing down) in the second half at Forest, lets go and out pass and play them, goals will come.

I was wondering why Coutts wasn't in the squad Saturday. Nothing was said about him that I no of anyway.

Nigel's bro been watching him ...allegedly

Archived