Christian Atsu

Cam the Ram

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mascerell isn't injured and Warnock or Someone like Shotten can cover for a game. Or god forbid we would have to put Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson together again

Well playing someone who isn't a CDM hasn't worked so far and I doubt playing a defender in that role would work either.

Well playing someone who isn't a CDM hasn't worked so far and I doubt playing a defender in that role would work either.

Mascarell is fit and Thorne is back in training, we also have players who have played that role before, Warnock played it in the Prem for Blackburn for a sustained period and that would be in an emergency. I don't understand the issue. Do we need another goalie as well in case grant and Roos get injured?

With him being away at the African Cup of Nations my expectation with this was that it would be a loan after the transfer window closed and the emergency loan window opened. Further reinforced by Ghana winning yesterday so there being more chance they'll progress. And that this coiuld only be 93 days as the perceived wisdom is to wait to cover through to the season end and maybe the playoffs.

But if Russell's injury is going to keep him out for a few weeks, it's going to happen sooner rather than later and the great thing is, having only played a few minutes for Everton, we'd be getting someone much more match fit after an international tournament.

Ghana's last group game is against South Africa on 27th Jan.

Then if they go through their next game would be on 1st Feb

The window closes at 11pm on 2nd Feb, with the emergency loan window normally reopening about a week later.

This could be a big night in the Ram's season, and I'm not just talking about the Blackburn game. If South Africa beat Ghana, then Atsu is on his way back to England with the Afican Cup of Nations all over. I believe he's our number one winger target, but with Russell injured we're not going to be able to wait for ever.

McClaren said we're not after him. How does that make him number one target?

I'm satisfied we're in for Atsu given Nixon has said we're very keen on him (he might have even called him the top target on our winger list). Of course McClaren's not going to admit to that in public, until a deal's done. It's important for the club to keep all our transfer dealings out of the public eye as much as possible, which is why the DET never knows anything, but Nixon has shown he has good links in the game and is more often than not right. He doesn't gain anything by revealing this unless there's some truth in it.

I'm satisfied we're in for Atsu given Nixon has said we're very keen on him (he might have even called him the top target on our winger list). Of course McClaren's not going to admit to that in public, until a deal's done. It's important for the club to keep all our transfer dealings out of the public eye as much as possible, which is why the DET never knows anything, but Nixon has shown he has good links in the game and is more often than not right. He doesn't gain anything by revealing this unless there's some truth in it.

Nixon has shown that he throws a lot of darts, and occasionally one hits the board.

Archived