I'm angry at the players but...

Chris Mills

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's result had nothing to do with the fans. The players lost the game. The management then take some responsibility for picking the players and giving them instructions. The fans are way down the list of blame for the result.

If you want to blame the fans for anything yesterday there's plenty of other stuff that can be levelled at a small number of them.

The first half wasnt exactly a masterclass in football and if they hadnt scored a cracking header for us then who knows what the atmosphere would of been like before half time!!

Blaming the south stand fans is crazy......at the end of the day the players were below average, we didnt dserve a draw let alone a win and the very slightly better team won.

At the end of the day we are still third and I prefer to concede 3 points to the scum and be in contention for promotion than in their position.

If only we mere fans were on a couple of k a week...maybe then we would win every week!!!

Stupid comments and stupid thread if you ask me

It was the flattest atmosphere for the local Derby for a long time but it should have no bearing on the performance.

I think the problem was first half, we expected to win, they expected to lose so nobody was up for it, and they did not even really put up a fight.

Once they got in the game their fans really got behind them and it probably spurred them on to go for the win. I actually thought they had settled for the draw when replacing Antonio with Maclaughlin.

Through gritted teeth...their fans showed great backing for their manager at a time when it would be easy to boo and call for his head.

The atmosphere was crap and it does affect the players. How many times have the players thanked the fans for the fantastic support and said that the support drove them on? 

We kept trying to get songs going from the back of the SS throughout the 2nd half and in the end even ranted about how **** our support was. It is the biggest home game of the season against our local rivals and we were out sung by 2 and half thousand of them. 

The atmosphere was crap and it does affect the players. How many times have the players thanked the fans for the fantastic support and said that the support drove them on? 

We kept trying to get songs going from the back of the SS throughout the 2nd half and in the end even ranted about how **** our support was. It is the biggest home game of the season against our local rivals and we were out sung by 2 and half thousand of them. 

just face facts, our fans are sausage. They will continue to be sausage as long as the songs being sung are sausage. 

Totally agree. I heard you lot trying your best at the back I tried to follow down the bottom but made my self look a ****. Didn't care thoe kept trying. Forest were out singing us making us look like we were away. I thought we would at least compete.

Embarrasing day for the players and the fans. I really think if we got behind them they would of got more confidence. Shame it was the Forest fans spurring there players on.

At one point I heard us sing your hearts out for the lads.. Shame it never happened huh.

Agree Ossieram. It was the same in the East Stand. No one was joining in. Everyone could feel what was coming ad so could the Forest fans. All I could hear was loud Forest chants! The only time we shut them up was a rousing 'Derby Derby..." that went round the ground but just doesn't last long enough like many of our chants I'm afraid!! Anyway, the only way is up atmosphere wise!

Agree Ossieram. It was the same in the East Stand. No one was joining in. Everyone could feel what was coming ad so could the Forest fans. All I could hear was loud Forest chants! The only time we shut them up was a rousing 'Derby Derby..." that went round the ground but just doesn't last long enough like many of our chants I'm afraid!! Anyway, the only way is up atmosphere wise!

True there songs seemed to keep going and going a bit like Leeds did. Boring but effective. I like there song the way they changed it the 'By far the... the world has ever seen'. Can't remember the middle part but good to make it a bit unique,

It wasnt just the defence that lost us the game. If our midfield dont control the ball, that adds pressure. If our forwards don't ask questions of their backline, there is no pressure for them to drop midfielders in to help, freeing them up to attack. So many factors contributed to that naff second half. I look at both Hughes going off, and Wardy running out of steam and being replaced as two big moments, as I would argue they were the difference

The East Stand was like a morgue.. Few of us at the back tried but was pants otherwise. 

Never really enjoy the east stand to be honest.. 

The East Stand was like a morgue.. Few of us at the back tried but was pants otherwise. 

Never really enjoy the east stand to be honest.. 

From what I have seen the east stand near the Away fans just seem to join in when the south stand sing. Which is fair enough but seems to be now and again. I think the south stand has worked but it's also quiet quite a lot as well.

just face facts, our fans are sausage. They will continue to be sausage as long as the songs being sung are sausage. 

Judging by the over reaction on here we have a very critical, whinging fan base. If things aren't going perfectly and I mean perfectly, we have a bunch of wannabe managers who are anxious to  blame an individual or even several individuals. For me we win as a team we lose as a team.

Imagine if the dressing room was as disloyal as the fan base. Disaster!

Judging by the over reaction on here we have a very critical, whinging fan base. If things aren't going perfectly and I mean perfectly, we have a bunch of wannabe managers who are anxious to  blame an individual or even several individuals. For me we win as a team we lose as a team.

Imagine if the dressing room was as disloyal as the fan base. Disaster!

Half-fans deserve half-players - and we certainly had a few of those on Saturday.

Archived