Keogh

condor

Keogh was doing some comedy falling over all game. Every time a Forest player came near him he went into some kind of swan dive. He really is an accident waiting to happen especially in big games when his head seems to go. He's always got a howler in him.

Also, not Keogh related but what was Bucko doing at corners? he could have conceded at least one penalty in the 1st half

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh is a very good defender who has played a big part in us getting to the top three this season. Ok he might not have had a great game today (I was in the North Stand and haven't seen any replays yet) but none of the 14 who played today can be proud of their performances.

When the new Spanish defender gets in the side it will be alongside Keogh, at the expense of Buxton, and the Buxton Brigade need to accept that.

I will be interesting to see what happens when the Spanish lad comes in. 

I am a Macca fan, but if it's Albentosa and Keogh against Blackburn, I will be very disappointed. 

"He can't be dropped because he's captain" is the most ludicrous reasoning ever. 

Buxton and Albentosa for me. 

I like Buxton, I like Keogh, and I like Shotton, but you'd better get used to the idea of not seeing Bucko play much more when Albentosa starts to play. Bucko's days are numbered. 

The problem with Keogh today wasn't all these little things that are being pointed out but that he didn't force his fellow defenders to play the ball out ON THE GROUND, and he didn't do that himself either.

Let's be honest, both Keogh and Buxton tread a fine line at times and both are prone to mistakes or their shortcomings being exposed. But they are defenders playing in the Championship. I expect no less. You only have to look at Tommy Smith for Ipswich last week - he's part of one of the few defences in the division more formidable than our own - who gifted us the points last week with his poor decision-making to know that we're not alone.

I've always felt that we would have to improve on both players if we do indeed get promoted and performances like today only reinforce that feeling.

When Keogh was brought in the summer that Shackell left, I thought it was a laughable decision and the idea of Buxton being one of our first-choice centre backs dumbfounded me, but I give them credit where it's due though because they have performed well enough to be a key part of a side that has been competing in the top six and winning football matches for the past 18 months. Maybe that is more of an indictment of the overall quality of this division more than anything spectacular on their part.

All that aside, I think everyone knows they will only take us so far and it'll be interesting to see if Albentosa adds something more to the side.

I would play Buxton and Albentosa in the first instance, given that the Spaniard is right sided I believe primarily.

Keogh can bring the ball out well at times, but his error rate is too high to be acceptable for me, I do like my defenders to be more reliable than he is at present.

Some pish on here...

Thought both Bucko and Keogh were schooled all game by Assambbbigsggandnkxklonga...

People need to take the rose tinted glasses off regarding Bucko.

I think of him as I think of Nigel Clough. He's ok, but I wouldn't really mind if he got dropped because we could do a lot, lot better.

Albentosa and Bucko for me, until the end of the season. Get some consistency with our centre half pairing. Keogh being our captain is irrelevant, Barker is actually club captain but McClaren doesn't play him every week!

I think of him as I think of Nigel Clough. He's ok, but I wouldn't really mind if he got dropped because we could do a lot, lot better.

Albentosa and Bucko for me, until the end of the season. Get some consistency with our centre half pairing. Keogh being our captain is irrelevant, Barker is actually club captain but McClaren doesn't play him every week!

Club captain during a different regime and grandma has better knees than him (and she's had 2 replacements due to arthritis!).

I keep saying it on here but Buxton is **** without Keogh but Keogh is a liability. I say we just buy another CB to pair Albentosa and have Keogh as backup.

I like Buxton, I like Keogh, and I like Shotton, but you'd better get used to the idea of not seeing Bucko play much more when Albentosa starts to play. Bucko's days are numbered. 

Then I will be very disappointed. Buxton is the best centre half at the club by some distance. 

How Keogh keeps his place is beyond me. 

Sorry. He's an absolute disgrace.

He mislaid a pass to Christie, went out of play. There was no way Christie could have got to the ball. All Keogh did was shout at Christie for not getting to it. Christie rightly shrugged his shoulders.

The only thing he seems to do as captain is to shout. He has no leadership.

Buxton or Grant should be captain.

Maybe if he could actually mark players and not be half a mile out of position every time he has to backtrack to fix his own mistakes I wouldn't be moaning.

Drop him.And give the armband to someone who deserves it.

Unbelievable. As keogh played the pass, it was not possible to hit forward of where Christie was standing.mChristie moved too far forward ...KEOGH TOLD THIS to Christie......

Christie acknowledged.

Fault finding for keogh is fine...just that was not a fault of any relevance. And was not a faulty if keogh tried to play it forward to where Christie was moving you would have a field day as his pass completion would be garbage

Unbelievable. As keogh played the pass, it was not possible to hit forward of where Christie was standing.mChristie moved too far forward ...KEOGH TOLD THIS to Christie......

Christie acknowledged.

Fault finding for keogh is fine...just that was not a fault of any relevance. And was not a faulty if keogh tried to play it forward to where Christie was moving you would have a field day as his pass completion would be garbage

Are you trying to say that Christie was in the wrong place to receive the pass? You are right to a degree because where he ran to made sure that there was a defender who would have cut out the ball. Keogh on the other hand should not have passed it then. Both Keogh and Christie have brains that do not function quick enough. It must be something to do with the air in Coventry :-). No more players from Coventry please. As far as I can recall they have all been poor through the years.

He's a lucky git ain't he?

New/improved contract, Captain, international and just seen his missus have a moan on Twitter wondering how the fook horse head pulled that...

I'd sell him to Bonlee for 250k

Dont understand this anti keogh stuff hes a very good player and did better than most yesterday.

Archived