Keogh

condor

Then I will be very disappointed. Buxton is the best centre half at the club by some distance. 

How Keogh keeps his place is beyond me. 

Just telling you what's going to happen. But I agree Jake Buxton is solid. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry. He's an absolute disgrace.

He mislaid a pass to Christie, went out of play. There was no way Christie could have got to the ball. All Keogh did was shout at Christie for not getting to it. Christie rightly shrugged his shoulders.

The only thing he seems to do as captain is to shout. He has no leadership.

Buxton or Grant should be captain.

Maybe if he could actually mark players and not be half a mile out of position every time he has to backtrack to fix his own mistakes I wouldn't be moaning.

Drop him.And give the armband to someone who deserves it.

You pick on Keogh when Martin whinges and moans at his teammate every second of the game and puts close to zero effort in? Give me a break.  If Martin is cut, you're going to see a big boost in team morale. Just check out what JR and Hendrick said in their 'teammates' video on Soccer AM about who the biggest complainer is on the team. Keogh is skipper its his job to lecture players.

You pick on Keogh when Martin whinges and moans at his teammate every second of the game and puts close to zero effort in? Give me a break.  If Martin is cut, you're going to see a big boost in team morale. Just check out what JR and Hendrick said in their 'teammates' video on Soccer AM about who the biggest complainer is on the team. Keogh is skipper its his job to lecture players.

Martin scores goals. That's a big contribution to the team.

Keogh isn't contributing if he isn't constructive with his teammates and also conceding goals through defensive errors.

Martin scores goals. That's a big contribution to the team.

Keogh isn't contributing if he isn't constructive with his teammates and also conceding goals through defensive errors.

He didn't score diddly versus Forest now did he?  And I thought Keogh did decent defensively. It was the complete lack of offensive creativity when we had the ball that I would fault him for. Keogh will raise his game if paired with Albentosa. 

He didn't score diddly versus Forest now did he?  And I thought Keogh did decent defensively. It was the complete lack of offensive creativity when we had the ball that I would fault him for. Keogh will raise his game if paired with Albentosa.

Hopefully. No although I think that if Martin doesn't get the service he won't score. Sometimes it is that simplistic.

Hopefully. No although I think that if Martin doesn't get the service he won't score. Sometimes it is that simplistic.

There was one hilarious moment yesterday when Martin tried to run at and beat a defender one on one. Couldn't help but laugh at the outcome of that one.  :blink:

Yes Bucko absolutely out of his depth, showed in the play off final (his poor pass led to the counter attack) he and Forsyth should have put the ball into the crowd down by the corner, his man handling in the box will give away a penalty and he is slow.

Yes Bucko absolutely out of his depth, showed in the play off final (his poor pass led to the counter attack) he and Forsyth should have put the ball into the crowd down by the corner, his man handling in the box will give away a penalty and he is slow.

Bucko out of his depth? Wow. 

In that case Keogh must be stuck in the wreck of the Titanic. 

You pick on Keogh when Martin whinges and moans at his teammate every second of the game and puts close to zero effort in? Give me a break. If Martin is cut, you're going to see a big boost in team morale. Just check out what JR and Hendrick said in their 'teammates' video on Soccer AM about who the biggest complainer is on the team. Keogh is skipper its his job to lecture players.

Wondered how long it would take you to turn the conversation to dropping Martin !!

There was one hilarious moment yesterday when Martin tried to run at and beat a defender one on one. Couldn't help but laugh at the outcome of that one. :blink:

Did you laugh when he ran past the defender and slotted the ball in the net against Ipswich last week ?

a

It is hard. Keogh will have thought Christie will have feigned to.move down the line and wa about to move backwards. Hence Keogh frustration....it was never in for Christie to move forwards. Thing is, these things happen in all games. Mostly we get those passes right.

I would be more concerned over wards mis control in early minutes when he was given ball at close quarters by Russell. Ward knew ball was coming....he just took too heavy a touch and ended a likely goal being scored ..those fine moments cost us. As well as many many other errors nplay, formation, ability etc

Keogh is not a bad player because of that pass. He is over analysed and he is a miles better player bthan Buxton. Jake is great, but will never keep Buxton out of team. Why people.think Buxton is better than Keogh is beyond me. The fact it is only our fans who see Buxton as better player is an indication fans are biased and not impartial as we prefer a whole hearted type player. They are both decent. But keough is best and picked up far too many times for errors. Imagine if Keogh gave away a penalty for blatant fouling ? Id rather not imagine it

Nobody would suggest that Keogh is a bad player because of THAT pass, that is just plain daft. It is more the lack of positional sense, the slow brain and the panicking. think your confession that you can't see why people rate Buxton better than Keogh suggests that you need to understand that art of defending a little more. It's amusing that you think that Keogh is picked up far too many times for errors. Have you considered that it might just be that he makes far too many errors?

Why is Keogh getting such a slagging isn't it McClarens role to coach him to get to the required standard

Because everything he is at fault for is a basic defending error. Couldn't clear his line yesterday so we lost. Cost us promotion because of awful defending too.

He is always liable to make an error in every game he plays and his heading is very poor. Heads straight up in the air instead of out of the box. Very weak, no power or direction

I would like to see the new guy and Shotton at the back....I think that might be the partnership for the prem next season

Archived