Keogh

condor

Haha I love how fickle you guys are.

Keogh had a bad game ok.

Still captained us to top of the league before 12.15 today. Does that count for nothing.

Is nobody mentioning how bad Bryson and Hendrick were when Hughes couldn't be on the pitch to keep the ball for them.

A small minority of fans also hold him accountable for the Zamora goal. Which is incorrect though.

It counts for nothing if we can't hold our own against poor teams like Forest.

The midfield was bad, but they didn't concede the goals. Defence's marking and positioning was terrible.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He just isn't very good. Certainly not a captain and centre half of a top two side, which is what we desire to be. 

But we have just spent a fair few quid on a centre half so hopefully that problem could be solved. 

We need a serious winning/unbeaten run. Bournemouth is now an even bigger game. 

Ok fair enough but a lot of posters haven't been slating him before today and he has one bad game and wow apparently he isn't a leader, dives in too much and doesn't take the blame.

What about the quality diving tackles he has got right that have saved us countless amount of times.

you don't read this forum in enough depth if you don't think people have criticised Keogh before today!

His quality diving tackles are mostly as a last ditch attempt to retrieve/rescue a situation that HE himself has create with inability to read the game or a poor decision.

He just isn't very good. Certainly not a captain and centre half of a top two side, which is what we desire to be.

But we have just spent a fair few quid on a centre half so hopefully that problem could be solved.

We need a serious winning/unbeaten run. Bournemouth is now an even bigger game.

I just have to disagree when you say 'he just isn't very good'

How can we be joint top and he has been ever present, not Bucko, not Shotton, not Whitbread, Keogh has been there no matter what the partner and played on average pretty well for 20 odd games.

Does that not constitute that he is a good player.

It's not like we carried him to top of the league?

Did make me laugh when Owen Bradley read out a text on Radio Derby that said Keogh and Bryson should be hounded out of the club. Little drastic. I'm just signing that he should be dropped and the captaincy should be given to Grant or Buxton.

He has cost us a lot of points, his positional sense is not great and his composure is poor...he has games where he looks OK (thought Ipswich was one) but he isnt good enough, we get clean sheets in spite of him not because. He is an OK Championship defender at best..

He has cost us a lot of points, his positional sense is not great and his composure is poor...he has games where he looks OK (thought Ipswich was one) but he isnt good enough, we get clean sheets in spite of him not because. He is an OK Championship defender at best..

Name where he has cost us points other than this today.

He is what he is. Generally good but always get the impression there is a fair probability of a major howler coming at any point. Interesting to see how the new Spanish lad fits in.

I just have to disagree when you say 'he just isn't very good'

How can we be joint top and he has been ever present, not Bucko, not Shotton, not Whitbread, Keogh has been there no matter what the partner and played on average pretty well for 20 odd games.

Does that not constitute that he is a good player.

It's not like we carried him to top of the league?

Ok, I should have worded that better. For where we desire to be, he isn't very good. He isn't a top two championship defender. In big games, he doesn't have what it takes. 

He is what he is. Generally good but always get the impression there is a fair probability of a major howler coming at any point. Interesting to see how the new Spanish lad fits in.

I feel as though the main reason we play a DM is to protect Keogh. To limit his screw ups. It will be very interesting to see what SM does from here. 

Sorry. He's an absolute disgrace.

He mislaid a pass to Christie, went out of play. There was no way Christie could have got to the ball. All Keogh did was shout at Christie for not getting to it. Christie rightly shrugged his shoulders.

The only thing he seems to do as captain is to shout. He has no leadership.

Buxton or Grant should be captain.

Maybe if he could actually mark players and not be half a mile out of position every time he has to backtrack to fix his own mistakes I wouldn't be moaning.

Drop him.And give the armband to someone who deserves it.

We have lost a game, that's it. Still third. Long way to go. Get some perspective. Keogh my not be Baresi, but he is still good.  

Did make me laugh when Owen Bradley read out a text on Radio Derby that said Keogh and Bryson should be hounded out of the club. Little drastic. I'm just signing that he should be dropped and the captaincy should be given to Grant or Buxton.

Keogh wasnt at at fault today. Lucky ricochet for the equaliser. Grant and Omar at fault for the winner. and poor effort from Bent to not challenge the defender who got distance with his header.

Sorry. He's an absolute disgrace.

He mislaid a pass to Christie, went out of play. There was no way Christie could have got to the ball. All Keogh did was shout at Christie for not getting to it. Christie rightly shrugged his shoulders.

The only thing he seems to do as captain is to shout. He has no leadership.

Buxton or Grant should be captain.

Maybe if he could actually mark players and not be half a mile out of position every time he has to backtrack to fix his own mistakes I wouldn't be moaning.

Drop him.And give the armband to someone who deserves it.

That ball that went out,should have gone 5 seconds earlier

Instead of passing to Christie,he ran towards him

Just pass the effing ball,it's easier

Archived