Keogh

condor

Because everything he is at fault for is a basic defending error. Couldn't clear his line yesterday so we lost. Cost us promotion because of awful defending too.

You're missing the point, if Keogh was such a liability and McClaren didn't drop him that would be down to McClarens poor judgement and not Keogh, if McClaren couldn't drop him as he had noone else to play instead that still wouldn't be Keoghs problem

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is always liable to make an error in every game he plays and his heading is very poor. Heads straight up in the air instead of out of the box. Very weak, no power or direction

I would like to see the new guy and Shotton at the back....I think that might be the partnership for the prem next season

None of our current defence would cut it in the Premier League if we were serious about staying up.

Firm believer in building from the back.

Cut all the weak links and build a defence around Albentosa.

We have several weak links.....need a solid spine in the team to build around.

Be interesting to see who he plays with Albentosa and what will actually happen with Bent.

At this level he will score goals but not in the formation we play.....unless Martin is dropped and he plays that role.

Its easy for everyone to sit back and slate players on here and yes Keogh isnt good enough and personally he wouldnt get in my team, but neither would Bryson even tho he was a star player last season.

If we couldn't slate players, what else would we do?? lol Enjoy being 3rd in the league and vying for promotion......dont be daft, even Chelski and Man City fans sit on their forums doing the same thing!!!

In the first half Forest had a throwing. Keogh was marking his man while Omar was stuck in the position marking no-one but occupying the space. That's fine. The ball get's thrown and it goes over his head to the player Keogh is marking. Fair enough. But Keogh allowed his man to not only win the ball facing away from goal. But to control it, turn and then get a shot away at goal. He then had a right go at Omar. If something was wrong with his position then Keogh could have easily said something. He can't keep track of everything in and around the space he is meant to be occupying. But Keogh is man marking. He makes four mistakes in one go. Possibly even 5 if we include not being Omar's eyes as he is behind him telling him to move back a little.

Fek me...Keogh has to.constantly shout "touch tight, get in front of this man ??". Wrong. Omar shud have been standing deeper. A ball effectively played straight to keoghs man is difficult t defend. Eusrace missed a similar header vs Blackburn. Mistakes happen. However , it is ridiculous to blame our captain for not making a player stand in a blindingly obvious position.

Nobody would suggest that Keogh is a bad player because of THAT pass, that is just plain daft. It is more the lack of positional sense, the slow brain and the panicking. think your confession that you can't see why people rate Buxton better than Keogh suggests that you need to understand that art of defending a little more. It's amusing that you think that Keogh is picked up far too many times for errors. Have you considered that it might just be that he makes far too many errors?

I rate Keogh as better than Jake. Impartial football folk do also. So faact he is picked up eay more for errors is down to

4 games no goals conceded, then an awful team performance costing us two goals. And we have a thread saying he should have told Omar repeatedly to stand in front of a player at a throw in. We then have fans critisising him for hitting a pass to where Christi was, and wherebchristie should have remained. Some people note Christie should have stayed in place to receive pass. But then blame Keogh still....

After one defeat, one lousy team performance, to pick up on Keogh's perceived errors is really bad form of fans.

Take Wembley mistake. Buxton and Forsyth had far bigger errors where they could have solved danger. Keoghs was an error. But he had not a loss else he could do. He thought he had to play the ball. The while move came about when bucko hit a long pass under no pressure and hit it well short. We were heading into extra time and ee gave ball away v v cheaply. That is fact

Strange all theese people calling for a new defence built around Albentosa when a couple of weeks ago no one had heard of him and still no one has seen him play !! I hope he is as good as everyone seems to think he is

Strange all theese people calling for a new defence built around Albentosa when a couple of weeks ago no one had heard of him and still no one has seen him play !! I hope he is as good as everyone seems to think he is

He is, I dream about him ! Mainly to get over the nightmare of Saturday !!

At the end of a very bad day, we are two points off second place. it is starting to look as if Bournemouth are better than us but there are two automatic places. Keogh is fine against most Championship sides and a lot better when Eustace is playing., so get another Eustace with bags of experience.

Archived