Keogh

condor

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read through the comments again after yesterday. Keogh was woeful, poor passing, organising, leadership etc.. I'm really struggling to understand how anyone couldn't see Buxton's performance wasn't as worse or on par at best. He was lucky to not give the penalty away, their were other incidents of blatant holding and shirt pulling. The absombolonga chance at the first half looked like a good moment of skill from him but watching it back Buxton (especially the reply from behind the goal) was all over the shop and looked pure rabbit in the headlights as absombo got away from him. If you think that keogh isn't good enough for big games (which he probably isn't) then Buxton is definitely in that category (highlighted that they both ****** up for the goal at Wembley).

If it's a popularity contest Buxton wins hands down as Keogh seems a it of a whiny t**t but I think too many fans let the whole Jake Buxton cult hero talisman thing cloud their judgement and excuse his inadequacy

The possible penalty incident I didn't see at the match, apparently it shows it up clearly on TV, but they rarely get given to be fair so not sure why everyone seems to be jumping on that as a reason that Buxton is suddenly no good.

Assombolonga is an 8 million player with a very good goalscoring record and do think that chance over the bar was a high quality bit of skill and would have been a top goal.

Overall genuinely thought Buxton was one of our best players, he won most headers in the second half by some distance, wouldn't say I have any great affinity for him but just say it how I see it.

I guess we all see things differently, I thought him and Keogh were both mince. I'm no Buxton hater either, we are definitely a more expansive side when he plays but this is usually an advantage against the middling to lower teams (not rocket science I know). Likewise with Keogh against the teams outside the top 6-8 he carrys the ball out of Defence and gets us on the front foot quickly. Neither are good enough as top two CB's but alongside Albentosa in different combos against different opposition it might be enough.

Are you trying to say that Christie was in the wrong place to receive the pass? You are right to a degree because where he ran to made sure that there was a defender who would have cut out the ball. Keogh on the other hand should not have passed it then. Both Keogh and Christie have brains that do not function quick enough. It must be something to do with the air in Coventry :-). No more players from Coventry please. As far as I can recall they have all been poor through the years.

a

It is hard. Keogh will have thought Christie will have feigned to.move down the line and wa about to move backwards. Hence Keogh frustration....it was never in for Christie to move forwards. Thing is, these things happen in all games. Mostly we get those passes right.

I would be more concerned over wards mis control in early minutes when he was given ball at close quarters by Russell. Ward knew ball was coming....he just took too heavy a touch and ended a likely goal being scored ..those fine moments cost us. As well as many many other errors nplay, formation, ability etc

Keogh is not a bad player because of that pass. He is over analysed and he is a miles better player bthan Buxton. Jake is great, but will never keep Buxton out of team. Why people.think Buxton is better than Keogh is beyond me. The fact it is only our fans who see Buxton as better player is an indication fans are biased and not impartial as we prefer a whole hearted type player. They are both decent. But keough is best and picked up far too many times for errors. Imagine if Keogh gave away a penalty for blatant fouling ? Id rather not imagine it

Are we supposed to sweep his errors under the carpet then and pretend they didn't happen? If he didn't make the errors no one would talk about them. I agree he seems to have the potential to be good as he can play well for long periods of the game but he shows no sign of getting greater consistency at cutting out the mistakes. Buxton makes far less errors in my opinion and they are defenders first and foremost so on balance would prefer him even though he arguably doesn't bring the ball out quite as well.

For instance why did Keogh fall down yesterday for the first goal, no one was even challenging him, he got his foot to the ball and it went about six inches, not good enough you have to clear that every time.

If he stood up he would have got it at the second attempt anyway.

don't see the scape goat thing, but I do see fans reflecting on the ability of the players in the team they support. Players become scapegoats when fans decide to boo or ridicule them during the course of game which is pointless. It is possible to question a players ability on a forum but still get behind them on a Saturday.

After reading all the gloom and doom on this thread I thought I'd check the table and see how many goals Captain Chaos and his hapless chum, Non-League Bucko have conceded.

Imagine my suprise when I found that only 3 other teams have conceded less goals than Derby.

There must be some really **** central defenders in the rest of championship.

That must be why we've scored so many goals, with only 3 other teams scoring more than us.

Some pish on here...

Thought both Bucko and Keogh were schooled all game by Assambbbigsggandnkxklonga...

People need to take the rose tinted glasses off regarding Bucko.

Mafiabob, the ONLY thing people should judge him on is his effect on the game. He DIDN'T gift any goals to Forest. He did stop them scoring when it was within his capability to do so, therefore, it is not rose-tinted. He did his job.

Dont understand this anti keogh stuff hes a very good player and did better than most yesterday.

Pete, patronising as it is going to sound, do you understand what the point of defending is? He's meant to STOP the opposition from scoring goals. He gifts them goals.

Just read through the comments again after yesterday. Keogh was woeful, poor passing, organising, leadership etc.. I'm really struggling to understand how anyone couldn't see Buxton's performance wasn't as worse or on par at best. He was lucky to not give the penalty away, their were other incidents of blatant holding and shirt pulling. The absombolonga chance at the first half looked like a good moment of skill from him but watching it back Buxton (especially the reply from behind the goal) was all over the shop and looked pure rabbit in the headlights as absombo got away from him. If you think that keogh isn't good enough for big games (which he probably isn't) then Buxton is definitely in that category (highlighted that they both ****** up for the goal at Wembley).

If it's a popularity contest Buxton wins hands down as Keogh seems a it of a whiny t**t but I think too many fans let the whole Jake Buxton cult hero talisman thing cloud their judgement and excuse his inadequacy

Buxton might have also grown wings and flown to the sun during the game, but he didn't so it's not worth talking about, in much the same way you're slating him for things that might have or nearly happened!

Not slating him at all, I just thought he didn't have a great game yesterday. I have also commented what I think he does bring to the side alongside Keogh but there not quite good enough pairing to make us the stand out team we could be in this division. It's a shame the opinion police think they should decide what you do and don't talk about.

I think we all need to accept that neither Keogh or buxton are the greatest cbs ever to play for derby.

I prefer buxton but his days are numbered now and I think next season that neither will be at the centre of our defense. Think our cbs will be shotton and albentosa, shotton is a more composed defender than the current 2 however at present his passing is not up to the standard that McLaren wants for our style of play.

can we all remember how bad a passer buxton was before McLaren came???? now he is the best of the current defenders.

I think we all need to accept that neither Keogh or buxton are the greatest cbs ever to play for derby.

I prefer buxton but his days are numbered now and I think next season that neither will be at the centre of our defense. Think our cbs will be shotton and albentosa, shotton is a more composed defender than the current 2 however at present his passing is not up to the standard that McLaren wants for our style of play.

can we all remember how bad a passer buxton was before McLaren came???? now he is the best of the current defenders.

Composure is something I would not associate with Shotton. And Buxton had quality distribution even before McClaren came in.

Shotton didn't get us to 3rd in the league Keogh did.

I think you should accept that Buxton and Keogh are better than Shotton. If Shotton was better or even 'more composed' as you say he would be starting every game!

but he isn't so obviously he isn't better.

Im

Composure is something I would not associate with Shotton. And Buxton had quality distribution even before McClaren came in.

Shotton didn't get us to 3rd in the league Keogh did.

I think you should accept that Buxton and Keogh are better than Shotton. If Shotton was better or even 'more composed' as you say he would be starting every game!
but he isn't so obviously he isn't better.

Im not championing shotton My favourite is buxton however I would not be surprised if at the start of next season that both Keogh and buxton are not first choice regardless of the division we are in.

Im

Im not championing shotton My favourite is buxton however I would not be surprised if at the start of next season that both Keogh and buxton are not first choice regardless of the division we are in.

None of our defenders could start in the Premier League.

Out of the two, Buxton is more reliable than Keogh. We do have a go at our defense often. Even though we have conceded the 4th most goals in the league...? It is the manor in which we concede the goals. Dropping Keogh our Captain for me would send a message to the rest of the players. Don't play well and you will be dropped. I don't like the manor in which Keogh acts to the other defenders. He should be organizing them and when they do something wrong he should be telling them without spit spewing from his mouth. When he goes off on one I am sure no one understands a word he says. When he has no one else to blame he collapses in a heap on the floor. 

In the first half Forest had a throwing. Keogh was marking his man while Omar was stuck in the position marking no-one but occupying the space. That's fine. The ball get's thrown and it goes over his head to the player Keogh is marking. Fair enough. But Keogh allowed his man to not only win the ball facing away from goal. But to control it, turn and then get a shot away at goal. He then had a right go at Omar. If something was wrong with his position then Keogh could have easily said something. He can't keep track of everything in and around the space he is meant to be occupying. But Keogh is man marking. He makes four mistakes in one go. Possibly even 5 if we include not being Omar's eyes as he is behind him telling him to move back a little. 

Archived