3 or More?

Day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McClaren is now making transition signings on loan or short term as possible first teamers without risk for the Premiership, eg Best and Warnock are both ex England. Does Steve know Warnock from when he was England Manager? For me, you have to strike while the iron is hot. if players become available who can do a job for us in the Premiership and they are available on loan  or short term then get them. if we get promoted, Steve has already identified players who will drop from first team to back up level when we get promoted, so keep signing players of proven class on loan or short term until the end of the season Steve. If he waits until we get promoted and then signs half a team, then it is unlikely that they will gel. If players get unhappy because they are not guaranteed a place, then sell them. A degree of ruthlessness will be required. How many more loans can we make?. A lot of Premiership knowhow will be needed if we are to stay up. I think that we need about six players with Premiership experience in the squad.to stand a chance of staying up and pushing on. Is Steve signing his old mates from his England days because it sounds like a good idea to me Steve has a plan. and Rush will back him as there is

Ssewankambo was playing regular at a higher standard, be surprised if he accepts development squad!

I don't see how he would fit into the match day squad

Grant

Roos

Forsyth

Warnock

Buxton

Shotton

Keogh

Albentosa

Christie

Eustace

Mascarell

Coutts

Hendrick

Bryson

Hughes

Ibe

Dawkins

Russell

Ward

Martin

Bent

21 Players there alone, that's 3 to miss out, you could say Coutts, Ward being injured and one other.

7 defenders, 3 on the bench already, we would have to see outgoings surely for him to be in the first team.

Hold on, let me save myself here, I thought this Ssewankambo lad was a defender, turns out he's a midfielder, in my defence never heard of him before all this. I still maintain I can't see a place in the squad for him without outgoings

Got to be some players going out on loan. However, Steve has got no intention whatsoever of missing out on promotion because of injuries or lack of form in some players. Would not entirely surprise me if Bryson was moved on. The message to the players is becoming clear - 'If you are not playing to your highest level, you will not be playing' .McClaren has learnt a lot from his Man Utd spell. He knows that he wants two very good players in each position and an army of young players chomping at the bit to get in the team. If you are not up to it then you will be going, my son. Derby are going places, keep your attitude spot on and play out of your skin and you will be fine. When the right time comes, you will be sold for good money and you will be delighted to say, 'if it was not for Steve McClaren, I would not be the player that I am'.

Hold on, let me save myself here, I thought this Ssewankambo lad was a defender, turns out he's a midfielder, in my defence never heard of him before all this. I still maintain I can't see a place in the squad for him without outgoings

He is mainly a RB and also a DCM.

Shotton worries me every time I see him, indecisive and sometimes a bit like a deer in the headlights. Having Bucko's aggression and no nonsense style back has been crucial to us recently. Really needed that at Boro. Glad we are getting more competition for places now at the back, Christie and Forsyth have been in and out of form. You can tell they've needed some competition.

Archived