3 or More?

Day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has to be moved on I think it may have to be Bryson and/or Coutts .. and I think that there has been too much unfair criticism of our full backs , Christie and Forsyth , not many better full backs in the Championship ..

If anyone has to be moved on I think it may have to be Bryson and/or Coutts .. and I think that there has been too much unfair criticism of our full backs , Christie and Forsyth , not many better full backs in the Championship ..

Bryson? What are you talking about?

He's not been as good as last season but he's still a part of the squad. He signed a 5 year contract barely half a year ago. The only way he could leave for me was if we got

Found it bizarre we didn't sign a left back (Cover) in the summer. Maybe our targets weren't available.

Coming off the back of last season, Forsyth had been in tremendous form (undoubtedly our most improved player last year), so perhaps we only needed an emergency back up in case he got injured (i.e: Naylor).

His slight dip in form this season (in which fatigue surely played a part) means that now we need better cover than Naylor, so SM can swap them whenever necessary and feel comfortable doing so. That's why we're on the verge of bringing Warnock in.

There's another thread questioning if it means the end of the line for Forsyth, but I think it's a greater indication that Naylor is likely to be sent on his way.

Coming off the back of last season, Forsyth had been in tremendous form (undoubtedly our most improved player last year), so perhaps we only needed an emergency back up in case he got injured (i.e: Naylor).

His slight dip in form this season (in which fatigue surely played a part) means that now we need better cover than Naylor, so SM can swap them whenever necessary and feel comfortable doing so. That's why we're on the verge of bringing Warnock in.

There's another thread questioning if it means the end of the line for Forsyth, but I think it's a greater indication that Naylor is likely to be sent on his way.

That's a fair post. I agree that people couldn't see that Forsyth was going to have a season that didn't match up to the previous one so a left back wasn't really deemed as necessary.

Archived