Darren Bent Said

ramit

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the greatest goal scorers of all time in ice hockey, Brett Hull didn't want to celebrate his goals too much. His thinking was that celebrations would have drawn extra attention his way thus making defenders concentrating on him more. To stay under the radar he chose to stay cool after scoring goals so he would be soon forgotten. That's one way to think about celebrating.

A bit odd one if ou asked me but worked for him pretty well.

It's not against team spirit to not celebrate, I'm sure if he scores he will still high five / cuddle / fondle team mates, thus celebrating with the team but not openly celebrating in front of home fans as a sign of respect. If we were playing Brighton, or even Villa, I would feel he should celebrate fully but not his first team. I'm ok with that

If I was a pro footballer and scored against Derby I wouldn't want to celebrate.

It would be interesting if Bent came on and scored a 93rd minute winner whether the sheer rush of emotions would cause him to naturally celebrate.

Have you noticed that Ipswich was the team which gave him the first opportunity to play as a pro? and he did very well there for years.

If he would've played, scored and celebrated it, he would be massive sausage in my books.

Not celibrating is just way to show respect and there's not enough of it in modern football.

Yes i did. Did youi notice that i backtracked from my original post?

i see no problem with being happy about scoring against any team as long as it

Archived