Ched Evans Miscarriage of Justice

PistoldPete2

We must remember that a jury found him guilty with the evidence.

He is having his appeal fast tracked - what he should have done was issue a statement when he came out that he was going to appeal and distance himself from the internet trolls and then say he would like to start to get his career back on the go after the appeal, but in the meantime would like to train with a team.

This would have eased the pressure on everyone.  Once the appeal has been held then everyone will know what they are dealing with.

I think the website (which has been up since before he was released) made clear that he totally respects anonymity, which I think distances him from those that named her and issued whatever verbal abuse on the internet. Dont see why Evans is any more responsible for the abuse she gets than she is for the abuse that Chloe Madley and Oldham Athletic staff have got etc.Neither of them are responsible for the internet mob rulers in any way whatsoever.

As for his apology being too little too late, well too late maybe in that its a better effort than his video statement where he read robotically from an autocue. So what , hes a footballer not a great orator.But too little? I don't see what else he can possibly say. To say he should repent his "crime" when he believes , with some strong justification, that he is innocent of any crime is just ******. Unless it was obvious that he was guilty, I wouldnt think less of a  person who maintains their innocence, and insist they receive further punishment.Far from it, the doubts about the conviction should be lessening the ongoing punishment, not increasing it.  

Quite a few heretics have put heads over the parapet and said they think he is not guilty or may be. Gordon Taylor, Steve bruce, and Vince Cable's assistant for example. Maybe they will all be burned at the stake, but at least they have shown bravery.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We must remember that a jury found him guilty with the evidence.

He is having his appeal fast tracked - what he should have done was issue a statement when he came out that he was going to appeal and distance himself from the internet trolls and then say he would like to start to get his career back on the go after the appeal, but in the meantime would like to train with a team.

This would have eased the pressure on everyone.  Once the appeal has been held then everyone will know what they are dealing with.

part of all licence conditions, to my understanding is that you actively try to find employment. He is bound by terms of his release to do his best to find work. His trade is a footballer.

You mention evidence, but I can almost guarantee, as with most appeals that are upheld, there will have been evidence not disclosed until the day of the trial, meaning the legal teams will not have had time to properly prepare their case. This is a new tactic in british legal system to assist with prosecutions being successful, but appeals are also at an all time high.

I'm well bored of this Ched Evans thing now. Almost as bored as I am of the continual social media outrage storm which basically is the news these days.

I always enjoy watching the news when someone famous has died to see what the likes of Philip Scolefield has tweeted about them.

Anyway, back to Ched Evans. Even on this forum, people have got such strong opinions on the matter. Or know all the facts of the case and are sure he is guilty/innocent. And out there in the real social world angry mobs of both camps are lining up to abuse and rape each other.

I'm gonna start a hate campaign against Ched's gfs dad. What sort of father is cool with his daughters bf been the sort of freak who cheats on her with a drunk bird his mate has already shagged? Even if you thought he didn't rape her, wouldn't you just let the little chorizo fight his own battles.

I'm well bored of this Ched Evans thing now. Almost as bored as I am of the continual social media outrage storm which basically is the news these days.

I always enjoy watching the news when someone famous has died to see what the likes of Philip Scolefield has tweeted about them.

Anyway, back to Ched Evans. Even on this forum, people have got such strong opinions on the matter. Or know all the facts of the case and are sure he is guilty/innocent. And out there in the real social world angry mobs of both camps are lining up to abuse and rape each other.

I'm gonna start a hate campaign against Ched's gfs dad. What sort of father is cool with his daughters bf been the sort of freak who cheats on her with a drunk bird his mate has already shagged? Even if you thought he didn't rape her, wouldn't you just let the little chorizo fight his own battles.

Well I think a dad will support his daughter whatever she wants to do. Dump him and move on, or keep him. She chose to keep him, and I would support my daughter in those circumstances. And I would support her loved one. As for this guy being very rich guy, I don't think he's that rich, and not as rich as the party who funded the prosecution, ie the uk government.

The web site doesn't attack the lady, except in one respect, it comes across more of an attack on the prosecuting authorities. The one thing I felt a bit uncomfortable about was the reference to her tweets about winning compo. Not sure what this adds to an already strong case for the defence. I spose there might be the suggestion from them that she may have brought the case in order to win the compo. I wouldn't be inclined to go there unless there's more evidence of that, cos that could really add to an already mighty sh1tstorm.

Would Ched Evans have cause to bring a successful case for restraint of trade to the European Court of Justice

Against who? I think reading papers today both Sheff u and Oldham management and Board were in favour of signing him. Lee Johnson was against at first until he read the details of the case and thought he was not guilty. It seems to be a case of an unholy alliance between the pitchforking internet mob and the corporate sponsors. Both clubs would say I guess it was made for commercial reasons. 

As for legal redress, if the lady has suffered as a consequence maybe she could sue Evans.  Maybe both could sue the papers for all the mis-reporting going on. Or maybe they should try and get on with their lives.Despite the perverse judgment against him, the scope for appeal is very limited unless he has new evidence.  

I don't really have any strong view either way on this as I do not know enough about the case, nor do I have a great deal of sympathy for whoever is the victim here - Evans or the girl. I am happy though if the case makes a few grossly overpaid prima donna footballers think a bit before they next try to use a women seriously under the influence of drink or drugs as a piece of meat, and hopefully a few silicon enhanced bottle blonde young ladies will think twice as they swoon at the feet of a sporting "celebrity".

I don't really have any strong view either way on this as I do not know enough about the case, nor do I have a great deal of sympathy for whoever is the victim here - Evans or the girl. I am happy though if the case makes a few grossly overpaid prima donna footballers think a bit before they next try to use a women seriously under the influence of drink or drugs as a piece of meat, and hopefully a few silicon enhanced bottle blonde young ladies will think twice as they swoon at the feet of a sporting "celebrity".

Might be worth you looking at Ched Evan's website then. You certainly cannot say the woman was "seriously under the influence", she spent a good hour in a kebab house trying to pull before bumping into the other player.

Might be worth you looking at Ched Evan's website then. You certainly cannot say the woman was "seriously under the influence", she spent a good hour in a kebab house trying to pull before bumping into the other player.

Mostyn, you seriously mistake me as someone who has an interest in the fine detail of this case. I have never met either Evans or the girl, and hopefully that might always be the case. Might I suggest that you leave the Ched Evans case and the Paris Shooting to the law professionals, and that you get out a bit more. There is a big interesting world outside your bedroom door.

Mostyn, you seriously mistake me as someone who has an interest in the fine detail of this case. I have never met either Evans or the girl, and hopefully that might always be the case. Might I suggest that you leave the Ched Evans case and the Paris Shooting to the law professionals, and that you get out a bit more. There is a big interesting world outside your bedroom door.

I-Ram, you seriously mistake me as someone who has an interest in the fine detail of your opinions of my posts. I have never met you or spoke to you and that might always be the case. Might I suggest that you leave your opinions of my posts to the people who have the decency to read/watch before forming an opinion and that you get out a bit more. There is a big interesting world outside your bedroom door.

Well yes that maybe a helpful byproduct of this case that immoral behaviour of footballers and others may be held in check. But I think that could be done in other ways, eg. Moral code agreed with the fa and the clubs, not by criminalising behaviour where there is no real evidence of an absence of consent.

Well yes that maybe a helpful byproduct of this case that immoral behaviour of footballers and others may be held in check. But I think that could be done in other ways, eg. Moral code agreed with the fa and the clubs, not by criminalising behaviour where there is no real evidence of an absence of consent.

you say that, but WHO decides what's morally acceptable or not? It used to be religion that made the rules, but they cannot seriously be expected to influence behaviour. The religions that haven't caved in to political correctness are the ones behaving the worst.

Who's to say that what Evans (says he) did, shagging some bird he never met, is the wrong thing to do? There's dogging nowadays, swinging clubs, masquerade parties, organised orgies etc, and is massive, when once upon a time, masturbation and sex were considered immoral.

I don't think he ever thought he could, but wanted to try anyway.

I'm sorry but that is tripe.

As I said on the other page, he is required as per licence conditions to be actively seeking employment, so whether he thought he could resume his career, or is just going through the motions to appease his probation officer, it's anyone's guess.

Archived