Ched Evans Miscarriage of Justice

PistoldPete2

As I said on the other page, he is required as per licence conditions to be actively seeking employment, so whether he thought he could resume his career, or is just going through the motions to appease his probation officer, it's anyone's guess.

There is no way he would go through this sh1tstorm unless he thought he could get a contract.  

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you suggesting there would be this much fuss if he applied for a job in Argos?

no, not at all, I'm saying he HAS TO apply for a job. SO what the hell do you expect him to do? What would you do if you was Ched Evans? Bare in mind, he is OBLIGED to actively seek work.

no, not at all, I'm saying he HAS TO apply for a job. SO what the hell do you expect him to do? What would you do if you was Ched Evans? Bare in mind, he is OBLIGED to actively seek work.

I would use my connections to find a low paid low key job, even working from home.

I would use my connections to find a low paid low key job, even working from home.

It's a massive assumption to assume he ever had, or even still has connections in position to offer him a job. If he was my mate, I doubt I could go to my boss and swing him a job, could you?

His trade is footballer. He feels (even though appealing) that he's capable of playing. There's no lawful nor legal reason why he cannot play again.

It's a massive assumption to assume he ever had, or even still has connections in position to offer him a job. If he was my mate, I doubt I could go to my boss and swing him a job, could you?

His trade is footballer. He feels (even though appealing) that he's capable of playing. There's no lawful nor legal reason why he cannot play again.

You asked what I would do.

But then again. I wouldn't play tag shag with a drunk 19yr old in a Premier Inn so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. 

And that's the best case scenario in terms of his behaviour. 

you say that, but WHO decides what's morally acceptable or not? It used to be religion that made the rules, but they cannot seriously be expected to influence behaviour. The religions that haven't caved in to political correctness are the ones behaving the worst.

Who's to say that what Evans (says he) did, shagging some bird he never met, is the wrong thing to do? There's dogging nowadays, swinging clubs, masquerade parties, organised orgies etc, and is massive, when once upon a time, masturbation and sex were considered immoral.

Yes but not so long ago government ministers lost their jobs for infidelity or getting their mistresses pregnant. Like Cecil Parkinson. If the argument is that footballers are role models then even if, as I believe evans behaviour was not illegal , it was immoral. The fa decides on whether someone brings the game into disrepute, so I guess it would be an extension of that. But they would need ground rules as you say. If both our perception of morals and of the law seems to change over time, people just need to know where they stand.

Yes but not so long ago government ministers lost their jobs for infidelity or getting their mistresses pregnant. Like Cecil Parkinson. If the argument is that footballers are role models then even if, as I believe evans behaviour was not illegal , it was immoral. The fa decides on whether someone brings the game into disrepute, so I guess it would be an extension of that. But they would need ground rules as you say. If both our perception of morals and of the law seems to change over time, people just need to know where they stand.

if you bring your children up to look at footballers as role models, then you shouldn't be having kids. lol

you say that, but WHO decides what's morally acceptable or not? It used to be religion that made the rules, but they cannot seriously be expected to influence behaviour. The religions that haven't caved in to political correctness are the ones behaving the worst.

Who's to say that what Evans (says he) did, shagging some bird he never met, is the wrong thing to do? There's dogging nowadays, swinging clubs, masquerade parties, organised orgies etc, and is massive, when once upon a time, masturbation and sex were considered immoral.

You obviously lead a more interesting life than I do.

The only thing stopping him playing is club sponsors. Sheff Utd and Oldham both wanted him. Its only the club's sponsors that have stopped it happening.

Nearly right my learned friend. They did not stop him, they said they would withdraw their sponsorship. Oldham and the Blades could not envisage finding replacement MONEY if they took on Evans. Money makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round, .... Repeat.

Enough is enough.

Let the poor bugger play.

Bloody hell.

He Led Zeppelined her?

('In Through The Out Door' for those a bit slow on the uptake).

Archived